GSK - Assistant Manager - LCN Effectiveness Team (5-10 yrs)
Site Name: Bengaluru Luxor North Tower
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. Our values and culture put people at the centre of what we do to support the success of our business. That includes the Legal function - our vision is to run Legal like a business for the business. We focus on delivering excellent advice to achieve GSK's Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities with courage and accountability. We invest in people so that everyone can be themselves, feel good and keep growing. Legal Contracting Network (LCN) is a new, cutting-edge Legal group located in Asia, Europe and the US, bringing together the responsibilities and management of contracting. It will deliver effective and efficient legal support for contracting that is simplified and consistent. By joining our dedicated team of lawyers, paralegals and contracting specialists, you will become part of a world-class contracting support function at our new Global Capabilities Centre in Bengaluru, India. Along the way you will have many opportunities to learn, develop and be a key member of the team that will strengthen our support capabilities and deliver on the success of our business.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
As a member of the LCN Effectiveness Team, you will be accountable for the assisting in the overall quality operations and administration of LCN. Responsibilities include:
- Under the supervision of the LCN Effectiveness Team Manager, this role will be responsible for ensuring various systems and tools are efficiently working in order for LCN to deliver effective contract support for the business, including maintenance, assessments, updates, and training.
- Responsible for the end-to-end process workstream and ensure guidance and documentation are in place as well as internal monitoring, performance assessment and metrics reporting.
- Providing support for platforms / tools used by the LCN. In particular, the maintenance of the contract life-cycle management platform, a platform which the LCN is the owner. This includes continuous assessments and improvements, liaising with the LCN lawyers in relation to templates & clause library upkeep, as well as perform training for LCN and other users of the system.
- The role will provide ad-hoc support in relation to triage, as well as act as back-up for the LCN Associate Analysist as needed.
If you have these skills, we would like to speak to you :
- Experienced professional with 5+ years of experience in contract administration/operations or a similar role in a law firm and/or in-house legal function or operations.
- Relevant knowledge in tech and process improvements.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as this position supports and interacts with various functions located in different geographies.
- Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.