GSK - Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Specialist - Analytics & AI Product Management (8-13 yrs)
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- This is an exciting time to join GSK. As part of the future ready transformation, Data & Analytics is a key strategic pillar for driving Vx transformation. With evolving needs and increased demand for data and analytics there is a need to expand the skills and competencies in the area of Analytics & AI. AI/ML specialist will be a key role in driving innovation with data and analytics. Applying modern AI/ML techniques to solve business problems in an agile way.
- This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- AI/ML Specialist is accountable for delivery of various AI/ML capabilities and projects including business as usual operations for Vx tech organization. They need to ensure that they are focused on delivering value at optimal cost while ensuring that GSK Tech is looking far enough into the future to guide the business.
- Accountable for the all the business process identified in the scope below and contributing to the development of AI/ML capabilities Strategy, Systems and service architecture. Jobholder will collaborate with other functional teams and digital innovation team to ensure the optimal portfolio of applications exists to support the business.
- Influence machine learning strategy for a program/project; explores design options to assess efficiency and impact, develop approaches to improve robustness and rigor.
- Be a key contributor to the planning and direction of a project and effectively prioritize goals.
- Lead discussions at peer review and uses quantitative skills to positively influence decision making.
- Effectively explain technical concepts at all levels in the organization, including senior managers/stakeholders.
- Lead, or makes major contributions to, improvements in methodology or initiatives to address capability gaps or
- Represent GSK externally to advance technical capability across the Industry.
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to the fields of
biology, chemistry, and medicine.
- Create algorithms to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets.
- Deploy your algorithms to production to identify actionable insights from large databases.
- Compare results from various methodologies and recommend best techniques to stake holders.
Design, develop and implement analytical solutions using a variety of commercial and open source tools (common tools include Python, R, TensorFlow).
- Develop and embed automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation.
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts in R&D, GIO-Q, Commercial and Medical.
- Make impactful contributions to internal discussions on emerging machine learning methodologies.
- Educate the organization both from IT and the business perspectives on these new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results.
- Provide thought leadership: facilitate cross-geography fertilization of ideas and implements key principles/best-practices and guidelines across the categories.
- Enable the future BI / Analytics infrastructure and self-service model.
- Demonstrate a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and programming
knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project and excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner.
- We are looking for an AI/ML Specialist and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- 8+ years of experience in any at least 2 of the AI domains: NLP, NLG, Computer Vision, etc.
A higher degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics,
Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field.
- Experience understanding of a programming language such as Python.
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch.
- Experience/Familiarity with standard deep learning algorithms (CNN, LSTM, etc.) Experience with version control
practices and tools such as Git.
- Experience producing high-quality code, tests, documentation.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.