Vice President - Human Capital at Matrix Partners India
Views:1397 Applications:319 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Growth Marketing Role - Skincare - D2C (4-13 yrs)
Growth Head - Skincare D2C (Matrix backed portfolio)
We are looking to get on-board head of Growth for our portfolio in D2C sector. It was born out of the Founder's vision of building a 1000cr+ company in India in 5 years. Skincare in India is a IN14000cr+ market growing at 20%+. However, over the past 5 years while the market has seen numerous new entrants, the repeat rate of customers has drastically reduced. The principle foundation is to win customer loyalty - one, through products that bring international efficacy standards to India and two, through building a community of loyalists.
The company is seed-funded and has prominent investors like Kae Capital, Kunal Shah, Nitin Gupta amongst others.
About the Founder : founded by Romita Mazumdar. She is an ex-VC investor (A91 Partners) where she has spent considerable time with consumer-tech companies like Sugar Cosmetics, Atomberg, Pushp Masala and Digit Insurance. Prior to that, Romita was an investment banker at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Palo Alto. She had spent three years as an M&A and IPO specialist for Silicon Valley companies including Facebook, Pinterest, Rent- the-Runway, Airbnb etc. She moved to India in 2018 to help BofAML set up their tech-focused practise in the country and ran the fund-raising deals for Rebel and Zoomcar. She completed her Bachelors in Business Economics from UCLA.
Values of a Grade-A Head of Growth :
- Perfectionist - Someone who is able to execute well and be responsible for the key acquisition metrics. We seek a perfectionist who believes in improving small things throughout the funnel, to achieve the requisite metrics.
- Hustler - We are looking for an individual with a go getter attitude. We are a small, fast paced start up and you will be expected to be out there and get things done.
- Creative - You will be expected to explore different mediums / do experimentation / come up with unique campaign ideas for different target groups to drive growth and engagement.
- Data Driven - Analyse data, look for various patterns, use them to create campaigns and get new users
- Quick Learner - It's ok to not know everything, but, You are expected to learn new concepts quickly, and put them into action.
- Hunger to be the best in Performance Marketing.
What should you deeply care about?
1. Must know : Prior experience in a similar role as well as experience building effective multi-channel marketing strategies, including affiliate marketing, PPC, SEO, social media, and other digital channels.
2. Work cross-functionally to build a thorough understanding of the funnel, identify experience gaps and points of frictions for new users
3. Good to know: Amazon ads, Flipkart ads
4. Past experience on funnels optimization on ad platforms, copies / images / video ads, landing pages etc.
5. Past experience to :
1) Reduce / maintain CAC while increasing acquisition budget.
2) Improve RoAS while increasing acquisition budget
6. Good to have exposure of handling budget of upwards of 50L a months
7. Past experience on ecommerce acquisition and retargeting is a plus.
8. Comfortable in working with small teams with a high-growth mindset
What would you be doing?
- Be responsible for optimizing acquisition cost through funnel optimizations.
- Executing campaign strategies across various channels.
- Full ownership of scaling affiliates and other mediums month on month
- Gathering data driven insights into campaigns and consumer behavior and implementing the learnings
- Developing and executing new and innovative strategies for consumer acquisition
- Continuous experiment and run A / B Testing on campaigns, messaging and targeting to improve ROI
Superpowers you'll need to be a success in this role -
- 4+ years of experience in Performance Marketing
- Structured thoughts in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience in setting up and optimizing campaigns across traditional mediums (like Facebook, Google) and new mediums.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
What would you get post joining?
- Be a prominent member of the leadership team