Talent Acquisition at Grow Indigo
Views:653 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Grow Indigo - Manager - Marketing - Agriculture Sector (6-9 yrs)
Position Title : Marketing Manager - Agriculture Sector
Reports To Lead - Technology and Business Development
- Grow Indigo (GI), a Joint Venture (JV) between Indigo Ag Inc and Mahyco Grow aims to bring holistic, cutting-edge, digital agriculture products/platform and microbial innovation to South Asian Farmers. GI leverages Indigo's industry-leading digital and microbial portfolio and Mahyco Grow's robust developmental platform, strong grower relationships, and the well-established path to market. GI will provide products and treatments for a wide range of crops, across geographies and will help tackle the challenges Indian farmers face every day.
- Indigo Ag, listed as Number 1 2019 CNBC Disruptor and fastest-growing tech startup in the world, improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. The company's scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. It is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and So Paulo, Brazil.
- Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Company Private Limited (Mahyco) is focused on research and development, production, processing, and marketing of seeds for India's farming fraternity. Founded in 1964, Mahyco is the pioneer of high-quality hybrid and open-pollinated seeds. Despite its growth and expansion, the company remains unchanged at its core. It is still driven by a visionary zeal and the belief that it is possible to improve the lives of farmers by using science to develop superior quality agricultural products.
- GrowIndigo is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to build and manage digital product(s) that can serve different stakeholders in the Agri value chain.
- To build strategies for growth, assesses competitive landscape, articulate innovation for future such that these can be built and marketed
- Partnering with other function leaders to ensure effective coordination and relationships with all disciplines of the organization
- Developing, coordinating and communicating strategies, objectives, policies and programs for all marketing activities of the organization
- Driving business efforts to identify and actively pursue customers and product offerings
- To align marketing function with the global guidelines, local requirements and brand standards
- To guide communication with the sales team to establish common strategies and goals and establish best practices
Key Responsibilities :
1. Responsible for developing overall marketing and customer acquisition plans and its execution
2. Manages activities of the marketing organization by providing leadership to ensure achievement of category revenue targets, market share and profitability
3. Leads the function by attracting, developing and retaining talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivation to meet business needs are in the right place at the right time
4. Responsible for growing the business by identifying new customer segments, new product offerings, defining and communicating initial positioning and messaging, pricing strategies, commercialization strategies, go-to-market strategies, competitive positioning and rationalizing existing product portfolios
5. Responsible for developing - Marketing Vision by developing long-range course of action or set of goals to align with the Vision, integrating information from all sources to develop a well-informed, diverse perspective that can be used to optimize organizational performance
6. Ensures alignment with global marketing/ product guidelines and local market/ legal requirements
7. Development of schemes, discounts, cashback and other attractive mechanisms to drive sales, based on product mix available on the platform
Key Performance Indicators :
1. Accomplishes revenue, growth, market share and gross margin targets from the existing & new product categories
2. Increase in enrollment and registration of retailer each month on the digital platform
3. Percentage of retailers transacting on the platform each month
4. Retention of manufacturers and retailers on the platform
Decision Rights :
- Hiring team as per approved headcount, Product Pricing Approvals based on Seller and organizational guidelines, Continuation/discontinuation of the product (jointly with Sales Head),
- Trade Schemes (jointly with reporting manager), Brand communication agencies approval, Marketing budgets spends including brand communication
We are looking for:
Experience, Qualification & Skills :
- 6-8 Yrs of relevant Experience
- Post Graduation in Agriculture / Agri-business / Management/Business Administration
- Marketing Intelligence
- Marketing Mix and execution
- Data Analysis
- Product Knowledge
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.