Consultant at Maxima Global Executive Search
Views:1716 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Group Legal Counsel - Infrastructure (20-25 yrs)
Our client is a leading Multinational Organization with a global footprint and instant brand recall in their line of business. For their operations in India, which cover the entire region, they are currently looking for a Legal Head. Ideal Prospect will have 20 years of post qualification experience in all aspects of legal matters, currently heading the function with a large MNC or reputed Indian Conglomerate.
Nature of Responsibilities:
- Handle all Regulatory commercial and contract related issues
- Legal Housekeeping - statutory legal compliances, documentation
- Overseeing and approving the drafting of various agreements relating to assets purchase, investment, commercial, marketing, lease, business and mergers & acquisitions. Vet all commercial documents
- Liaison and proven track record in handling all court related matters and other significant bodies.
- Supporting and advising on all proposed business development activities and advising on all legal aspects and implementation of planned strategic alliances.
- Should have knowledge of handling Litigations, Arbitrations (National / International) and Joint Ventures
- Good Public Relations with outside counsel where appropriate.
- Draft, review and negotiate all legal work including legal documents for equity participation in foreign companies, IPO related documents
- Review various commercial agreements including Consultancy agreements, technology collaboration, Lease agreements, property /real estate agreements, joint ventures & project agreements, equity investments and related agreements & all documentation..
- Periodically review, amend and advise changes to the standard contracts in line with changes in laws and regulations.
- Manage and coordinate legal matters with external counsels in the markets and assist in collection efforts
- Provide day-to-day advice and assistance to the different business units on general legal, contractual and regulatory affairs.
- Handling Due Diligence, structuring of transaction, negotiation & finalization of shareholders agreements / joint venture documents.
- Handle mergers, compliance with merger laws / conditions.
- Handling liquidation / compliances etc
- Experience in handling commercial contract disputes.
- Experience in handling Civil cases / disputes.
- Advising on Risk management and Strategy
This role works with the Board of Directors and other top management team, and calls for excellent articulation and presentation abilities.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.