Group Finance Manager - IT (5-15 yrs)
- Group Finance Manager principle responsibility is the forward-looking financial management of the two companies and with specific responsibility for forecasting, budgeting, risk management, compliance's, tax planning, funding relationships and plan the organization's financial strategy and development for both the entities to achieve the medium term goals of profitability and growth.
- It is a very important and complex role to ensure that the Group can marshal the resources required to grow and has the capability to provide Financial information to Shareholders, Management, Investors and Employees.
- The Group Finance Manager must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and funding operations.
- The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader since they command financial decisions at every level through proper delegation and effective controls.
- The goal is to protect the company's revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
- Oversees the Finance & Accounting function of the both the companies.
- Oversee Financial and Accounting system controls and standards used.
- Ensures timely provision of Group financial and statistical reports for management.
- Ensuring that all accounting functions are accurately and effectively fulfilled.
- Working with both the finance controllers to prepare budgets, forecasts and regular MIS to analyse variance to the budgets and forecasting.
- Development of accounting system to be best in class.
- Quarterly rolling forecast of next 18 months and presentation to management board
- Monthly reviews of MIS numbers and analyse the reasons for variances and important changes which shall be highlighted to the management.
- Sense checking MIS numbers and advising departments.
- Measuring and responsible for Op-Ex & Cap-Ex
- Legal and compliance responsibility of statutory requirements and contracts.
- Insurance and risk management of the organisations
- Analysis with HOD's on their deliverables; advising on performance
- Working with all other heads to ensure that their individual budgets are managed for the most effective and efficient use of financial resources.
- Liaison with external auditors to ensure that audits are properly planned, carried out and that financial reports are prepared within set timelines. Also selection of auditors with consultation with management and implementation of suggestions and improvements.
- To collaborate and coordinate the activities of outside suppliers of financial services hired or contracted by the Group, including accountants, auditors, financial consultants etc.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Group MD.
Experience & Education:
Degree qualified CA/ICWA/CMA with at least 5 years as a senior team player ideally in a multi-national manufacturing, logistics or retail environment.
Key Competencies :
- Initiative (self-starter) & Ownership
- Leadership skills
- Extensive commercial business knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and Multi-tasking ability
- Experience of managing numerous financial operations/subsidiaries.
- Corporate strategic experience
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate motivate and control staff and activities in line with their duties
- Self-motivated and ability to achieve set goals
- Team player