Senior Associate at Vitasta Consulting
Views:675 Applications:231 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Group Chief Financial Officer - BFS (8-12 yrs)
Strategy, Planning and Management
- As Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring department into line with Board of Directors' plans, initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in parodic conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
- Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization's plans and operating budgets. Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials. Finance and Accounting Team Management
- Mentor and develop a team of senior managers and/or directors, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the main company divisions.
- Oversee weekly cash management approve relevant payables.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process