Senior Manager - Talent Acquisition at Groundtruth India Private Limited
Views:167 Applications:14 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
GroundTruth - Director - Engineering - Geospatial Systems (16-28 yrs)
A bit about us :
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called "visitation data," which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
We believe that innovative technology starts with the best talent and have been ranked one of Ad Age's Best Places to Work for three years in a row (2021, 2022 & 2023). Learn more about the perks of joining our team here.
Role: Director of Engineering, GeoSpatial Systems
Location: Gurgaon, India / Remote
GroundTruth is seeking a Director of Engineering for our Geospatial Platform and Services group. Our highly skilled teams within this group provide the mapping data, services, and support that form the location foundation for all GT products. The successful Director candidate is a strong engineering leader with proven skills in geospatial technology and experience leading teams that build and operate complex distributed systems, and compile custom maps from multiple sources, especially vector maps of transportation networks.
What you'll do:
- Manage worldwide complex systems, GIS Analysts, Geospatial Developers, and Software Engineers across multiples teams in the development and deployment of GT mapping platform and services.
- Ensure sanity of architecture, operational excellence, operational quality, and timely delivery of results.
- Implement new technology advancements such as new development stacks or new ways to maximize value from our private/public cloud.
- Mentor, coach and develop people to reach their potential and to meet company objectives.
- Review architecture, code, plans, deployments, and operations to drive excellence through the organization.
- Grow, develop, and lead a winning team through effective performance management, hiring, and training, including regular 1:1 meeting with all of your direct and indirect reports
- Manage and optimize budgets and spending for personnel and systems through thoughtful people management and efficient system design
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to define projects and ensure their timely completion while controlling for cost
- Create and implement scalable processes that can be duplicated by people managers on the team to ensure successful completion of projects and tasks
- Improve the culture and practices of the organization overall
- Manage to and improve performance against key metrics for the engineering department such as productivity per headcount-dollar
Education and professional experience:
- Tech / B.E or Master's degree with 12+ years' experience in technology or 16+ years' experience in technology
- The following skills/certifications: AWS, Java, Scala, C++, SQL, distributed systems, internet scale
- 5+ years of experience with geospatial technologies
- Big Data Experience
Cultural fit at GroundTruth :
- A team player who is organized, flexible and willing to adapt
- Not afraid of new technologies and driven to learn
- A detail-oriented person, who catches problems early and adjusts
- A strong communicator who is able to collaborate with multiple business and engineering stakeholders and work through conflicting needs
- A problem solver who likes to dive deep into a problem, diagnose root causes and work with multiple teams to come up with a solution
- Eager to provide direction and build consistent processes in a maturing start-up culture
- A self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision
What we offer ?
At GroundTruth, we want our employees to be comfortable with their benefits so they can focus on doing the work they love.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- In Office Daily Catered Lunch
- Fully stocked snacks/beverages
- 401(k) employer match
- Health coverage including medical, dental, vision and option for HSA or FSA
- Generous parental leave
- Company-wide DEIB Committee
- Inclusion Academy Seminars
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Pet Expense Reimbursement
- Company-wide Volunteer Day
- Education reimbursement program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Equity Analysis to ensure fair pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity, inclusion and equity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws.