Assistant Manager at Hands On Trades Pvt. Ltd.
Views:3836 Applications:728 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:65
Grofers - Senior Manager - Inventory Central Operations (2-6 yrs)
Grofers is built around the idea that all Indians should be able to access high quality products at affordable prices, and be given the opportunity to upgrade their lives. To that end, we empower millions of Indians by giving access to a large assortment of highly affordable products, delivered to the convenience of their doorsteps.
We think investment into the technology and infrastructure that powers this ecosystem for India will transform lives for a billion people dramatically over the next decade. They will be able to save more on groceries, discover wonderful new products and spend meaningful time with their families, while Grofers takes care of their everyday essential needs.
It's a $600Billion challenge to solve, which is why we are looking at hiring smart, articulate and ambitious individuals to be a part of the team building the future at Grofers. If this seems exciting to you, join us!
Read more about us here.
Why you will love working at Grofers:
Customer love: We always put the interests of customers ahead of our own. We work hard to earn and keep their trust, and to bring them delight.
Bias for action: We dream big, take risks and have a strong bias for action. In difficult situations we make sound decisions and take thoughtful action.
Frugality: We are always looking for ways to do more with less - by creating the highest leverage possible with our time, as well as resources.
Confidence: We are tenacious and optimistic, and do not take no for an answer. Our people are quietly confident and openly humble.
Challenge status-quo: We are candid, authentic and transparent. We speak our mind, make connections that others miss and take smart risks.
About the role:
- The role holder will lead the Central Inventory Operations. The objective of this team is to create monthly execution plans for inventory availability and holding at different nodes of the complex supply chain network of Grofers, ensuring the seamless execution of those plans, continuously monitoring any deviations in the plans and building/executing backup plans in cases of any deviations.
- This would require coordination among multiple external/internal teams like Purchase Operations, Inventory Planning, Supply Chain, Finance, Category etc. While leading this team, the role holder is also responsible for building a smart and highly data-driven team of sharp individuals. This role would involve a lot of data crunching and communication across multiple teams. Inclination towards data, being fearless and excellent communication skills are the key qualities that are highly required to lead this team.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensure the highest level of availability of our assortment to Grofers customers
- Optimise supply chain costs related to inventory holding and handling
- Optimise - Days of Inventory to reduce working capital costs
- Minimise inventory losses due to excessive buildup of inventory
- Set up a control tower for continuous monitoring of SLAs and any deviation of the plans
- Build processes for inventory operations and advanced data models for supply chain network planning and replenishment of goods
- Affinity towards working in coordination with multiple teams
- Proficiency in MS Excel, SQL (Python/R knowledge would be welcome)
- 2-5 years of work experience preferably in data analytics/ supply chain planning/ inventory planning / or any data-heavy role