County HR Manager at Grobest Feeds India
Views:578 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Grobest - Head - Procurement - India (15-18 yrs)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. Establish and lead the Regional Procurement team to build capability in sourcing, purchase, import/export and materials supply risk management.
2. Enhance collaborations between Group Procurement team and local Procurement Team in the Region. Ensure internal controls be implemented.
3. Leader in driving continuous improvement through professional sourcing of local suppliers, creative substitutions and collaborations with Formulation Team to realize more innovative reformulation activities in order to achieve better feed quality & functions and lower formula costs.
4. Enabler of MRP and proactive supplier management to mitigate potential risks and ensure compliance to sustainability for strategic business growth.
5. A member of Group Procurement Management team, and an organic member of Local Business Management Team.
1. Leads and establishes a professional procurement organization to serve business operations in the Region. Support and collaborate with Group Procurement team to build in-depth know-how in major categories of raw materials and supplies. Establish a reliable structure & process to manage all IMS (Indirect Materials & Services) procurement activities in a compliant stream with all internal controls in place in the Region.
2. Join the Group Procurement team to develop and implement strategic departmental plan, aligned with Grobest 5-Year Strategy, to provide world-class services to internal and external customers.
3. Responsible for sourcing & purchasing of raw materials, packaging materials and indirect materials & services in the region and with focus on quality assurance, inventory control, cost control and the development of long-term partnerships with key suppliers.
4. Effectively develops, maintains and manages a team of qualified procurement professionals to achieve department objectives in quality, supply services and cost improvement.
5. Support Group Procurement Team to negotiate long-term contracts for core raw materials (Example: Fishmeal, Soymeal, SPC and etc.,) to ensure optimum costs and reliable supply without any shortage risk. Jointly determine the entry or exit of the global supplier list with Group team.
6. Owns and leads the Grobest Supplier Code Of Conduct and the Grobest Supplier Management Program, and ensure the full implementations and 100% compliance in the Region.
7. Diligently sources potential new materials and/or suppliers in order to maximize value with potential substitution opportunities.
8. Collaborates with Formulation, QA and R&D teams to qualify alternative new materials and/or new suppliers.
9. Works closely with suppliers and plant manager to ensure timely delivery and quality service. Measures supplier performance routinely, creates partnership with key suppliers, recognizes excellence in best suppliers, and always develops secondary suppliers to ensure supply safety and reliability.
10. Creates a learning organization. Motivates personnel to use organizational development practices to maximize productivity by emphasizing both personal and career development, and providing tools & training necessary to perform job responsibilities
11. Leads and coordinates the Low Cost Business System Program, a cross-functional team based program which includes outside suppliers, to identify problems, find solutions, and implement changes to keep costs to a minimum.
12. Keeps the whole organization updated of all relevant commodity market prices. Keeps negotiating for lower prices and better services. Stays alert of potential risks in supplies and prices so that strategic purchase decision can be timely made with rationale proposals from Procurement team.
13. Leads the local procurement team to work closely with local suppliers for good quality, lower price and comprehensive supply services such as payment terms, Just In Time (JIT model) delivery (JIT), , vendor managed inventories (VMI), customized packaging type and etc. in order to maximize benefits for Grobest. Actively feedback the performance of global suppliers to Group Procurement team so that improvements are made.
14. Ensures smooth operations in customs affairs and supply logistics. Works closely with the Customs and the Commercial Inspection Agencies to ensure all import/export activities be compliant to local laws, regulations and all activities be well documented with accuracy.
Maintain good relations and keep effective communications with these agencies in order to make sure we have the most updated information about import/export regulations, operations and the company interests are well protected.
15. Ensure an appropriate level of materials inventory be maintained to satisfy production needs and avoid both run outs and excessive inventories.
16. Works with and responds to internal customer needs by procuring required spare parts, office supplies and equipment in a timely and cost-effective manner.
17. Manage supplier performance and handle internal supplier complaints. Actively participate in the Annual audit on selected critical suppliers along with Group QA & Procurement teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- This position requires a seasoned professional with a university degree in engineering or business.
- A minimum of 15 years of procurement management experiences in feed or food industry in MNCs, has at least 3 years in import/export affairs.
- Strong leadership in people management and communication skills. Capable of organizational restructure and change management.
- Rich experiences in working environment with diversified cultures, and capable of working in a matrix organization.
- Strategic thinking and good at performance management with KPIs.
- Creative and ambitious.
- Proficiency in Tamil and English. Hindi would be an added advantage.