Chief Operating Officer at GRIP
Views:234 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
GRIP - Senior Business Development Manager (4-6 yrs)
- GRIP is an online fintech company aimed at providing a convenient, hassle free investment experience through investing in physical assets. The company kickstarted its journey in 2019 and was founded by Nikhil Aggarwal, who previously served as the COO of Chalo and Vice President of Morgan Stanley. He also worked for the World Bank.
- The leasing industry in India remains largely unexplored and GRIP's objective is to make retail investors aware of it as an investment option. Through GRIP, one can invest in physical assets leased to corporates and earn stable monthly returns. The proposition is not as volatile as the share market and the returns are extremely healthy. GRIP focuses on the employed upper-middle class spectrum and aims to provide an effective alternative to these investors.
- We are on the lookout for bright minds who are willing to push the boundary a notch higher, be it for any department. Our work culture revolves around innovation, analysis and complete ownership.
- If you have a similar outlook, we'd love to have you on our team!
- The business development manager will be part of the business development team covering Indian ventures. Our work requires one to choose amongst all the shades of grey and we seek a colleague who is committed to challenging our thinking and interrogating the beliefs behind our judgements. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with entrepreneurs in emerging companies.
- Given the lean structure and fast-paced environment, the candidate is expected to be independent, resourceful and take initiative. The ideal candidate has an venture related experience working in venture capital or at an early stage, venture-backed technology company, although we welcome diverse backgrounds that have demonstrated analytical ability.
- Proactively source potential deals, developing relationships with the entrepreneurial and venture capital ecosystem players in India.
- Identify investment opportunities, develop pre-screening materials and conduct market analysis.
- Support end-to-end deal process including conducting primary and secondary research, identification of right asset.
- Support negotiation of term sheet and deal documents, manage relationships with professional advisers including bankers.
- Research market trends and map companies in key sub-sectors of interest.
- Analyse performance of portfolio companies and elevate findings to leadership team.
- Support the research team with regular reporting materials for the firm and investors.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in investment relationship management in a client-facing role
- Excellent English communication - verbal and written
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to handle people
- Deal closing experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented professional with excellent follow up skills
- Strong business acumen with a great work ethic
- Excellent analytical and logical skills
- Experience in partnership with difference companies and fund raising
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As Grip is a company started during the Covid-19 Era we believe in working from wherever you want and meeting you virtually every now and then.
Why Grip :
While we offer competitive cash compensation along with ESOPs to participate in our long-term growth, the real upside is simply the challenge ahead and the awesome, friendly team by your side. And an opportunity to learn and grow at a breakneck speed as we redefine the contours of finance for Investors in India.