Senior Executive at Grant Thornton
Views:1449 Applications:266 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Grant Thornton - Consultant - Financial Reporting & Fund Accounting - CA/ACCA (1-6 yrs)
1. The role :
The candidate should have a strong background in the financial services industry and understand the challenges and trends which affect this sector. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with directors and managers and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
1.1 Main responsibilities :
- Working knowledge to prepare and financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP for hedge funds and private equity funds.
- Completing primary statements and disclosure notes in line with proforma financial statements
- Creating financial statements and disclosure notes from Trial balance and other system generated reports utilising word and excel to update templates and workbooks
- Completing self review to check calculations and ensuring accurate workings
- Daily communication with client to allocate resource and deal with changing priorities
- Managing daily workload and deliverables;
2. Skills and attributes :
- Experience and knowledge in financial services/asset management industry either directly or through practice;
- CA/ACCA qualified or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 years- PQE;
- Proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of IFRS or US GAAP;
- Understanding of hedge funds and / or Private equity funds;
- Strong computer skills - advanced knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others.