Senior Consultant at Kelly Services Inc
Views:1984 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Government Advisory & Public Policy Role - Internet Technology Firm - South & West Region (9-13 yrs)
Government Advisory & Public Policy | Internet Technology Firm | South & West Indian States
- Monitor and lead Public Policy in South India and own senior state level relationship;
- Communicate with government to ensure regular contacts with policy makers, government authorities, and advisors in order to understand the latest regulatory requirements;
- Work with internal teams together to shape the strategic and actionable plan, and make product features and content standards;
- Actively identify emerging and significant policy issues in India, and engage with stakeholders on issues of importance;
- Monitor political and social events in India, and work with local teams to mitigate operation risks;
- Communicate with local scholars and academic institutions, and provide interpretation of policy and regulations;
- Build up strategic relationship with local partners, and launch joint projects.
Minimum Qualifications :
- 9+ years of demonstrated experience managing public policy and/or government relations and advocacy work;
- 5+ years work experience in local government or a public policy team of a global internet company is preferred;
- Existing relationships with state level IT Ministries, experience running state level GR, crisis resistant;
- A vast understanding of the South India's content market and the social media industry/platforms popular in South India;
- Keen understanding of the Indian political system, environment and institutions, as well as cultural landscape;
- Solid network with the Indian policy makers, the academia, and the technology industry;
- Interest in emerging technologies and policy work;
- Outstanding judgment, persuasive and lobbying skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Bilingual with fluency in any South-Indian regional language;
- Willingness to travel frequently.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Interest and knowledge of cultures of other Asian Markets like China is preferred;
- Education background in law or public policy is a plus;
- Strong personality, leadership qualities, crisis resistant, fast pace environment proof.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.