Goodyear - Business Manager - Replacement Sales - Farm & Communications PBU - North Region (22-25 yrs)
Position Title: Business Manager North- Replacement Sales, Farm & Comm. PBU
Reports to (Title): National Sales Manager - Replacement Sales, Farm & Comm. PBU
Primary Purpose of the Position :
- Provide inputs on market potential, pricing; industry & competitor trends; identify priority areas; strategize on growth projections for the Replacement channel; present sales forecast and sales plans in order to arrive at a robust operating plan for the channel.
- Participate in annual marketing planning & provide inputs on market needs in order to build strong & profitable brands in the market; ensure coordination between sales & marketing functions, identify, develop & monitor operations and strategies in order to build strong & profitable brands in the regional market.
- Strategize on regional schemes, promotions & seek approval for implementation; monitor trends & suggest options for increase brand performance in order to ensure brand credibility & increase in sales volume.
- Assess potential market; map dealer distribution network & sales promoters: evaluate opportunities in the existing market & identify new segments; track market receptivity & suggest strategies; approve plans; provide feedback to National Head - Sales in order to increase market share.
- Monitor collections status; negotiate terms & conditions with required parties; track projected sales volume vs. actual; initiate corrective steps; provide feedback to the planning team in order to ensure profitable sales in the region.
- Lead, direct, guide & support team members; review & monitor performance; ensure transfer of knowledge & development of professional talent; be a mentor in order to build a competent and performance oriented team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop strategy and long-range plans to support sales targets, and achieve revenue targets
- Develop an annual sales plan, a consistent and reliable revenue forecasting process and manage expense budget.
- Management of Payment Terms and Credit Limits
- In conjunction with Finance Team support, ensure all customers credit limits are maintained, and adjusted where necessary with the appropriate securities in place.
- Maintain customer credit account balances within agreed company terms.
- Lead the development and execution of product strategies across all Consumer brands and Consumer product lines.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the replacement sale team in the region.
- Strategic Marketing Mix
- Participation in strategy development for channel and customer mix, Competitor analysis
- Provide input on Supply Chain & Manufacturing strategy as well as catering to the product demand as per the region requirements.
- Build pricing strategy as per competition and maintain or increase the market share
- Team Management
- Manage the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Work for career development/planning, performance and partner HR in pay discussions of team members.
- Builds long-term development and succession plans.
- Utilize sales team to their maximum potential
Required: Graduate in any discipline from a recognized institute (preferably from Tier 1 or 2 Institutions). Preference for MBA Candidate.
- Graduate degree required and any higher Qualification a plus
- Around 22-25 years of successful sales experience in FMCG/Consumer Durable industry. Presently handling atleast two regions.
- Three plus years managing P&L and sales executives within a successful direct marketing services organization.
- Knowledge of direct marketing sales and services, and the ability to provide an integrated solution to prospects and customers.
Knowledge & Skills :
- Should be a personable communicator capable of connecting with clients to assure that their express needs are met
- Should be a visionary able to turn customer need into an actionable solution
- Should have seen success in developing talent for the organization as evidenced by the advancement and success of team members.
- Should be a driver with a never-quit attitude that knows how to drive sales on an accelerated schedule
- Should be a coach and mentor that can help sales executives achieve success
- Should be innately comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- Should have strong sense of numbers and analytics
- Represents as a corporate ambassador that will able to represent the company respectfully in the market spaces