SM at Goods and Services Tax Network
Views:351 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Goods & Services Tax Network - Vice President - Customer Services (13-18 yrs)
Role: VP - Customer Service
Reporting to : SVP- IT Infra
Function: Customer Service
Age Criteria: Maximum age 41 years
Role Description :
- To contribute to the achievement of GSTN's strategic objectives by ensuring comprehensive examination and resolution of customer queries from Services/ Business and Technological standpoint. The job holder would also be responsible for understanding the linkages/ trends on Services/ Business and Technological pertinent issues and providing an integrated solution to the customer grievance resolution.
- The VP - Customer Service will manage, oversee and supervise all customer service functions of the GST System. The GST is a PAN India program for over 1.21 crore Taxpayers and approx. 66,000 Tax officials. The users of the GST system are tax payers and tax officials. The role shall lead the functioning and management and operations of multiple helpdesks for users which are provided by multiple service provider / partners.
- He/She will be responsible for ensuring adherence to organisation's policies and laid down practises, standards, procedures. The position will report to the SVP IT of GSTN.
Key Responsibilities :
Strategy Design and Implementation:
- Design the Customer Service strategy for Services/ Business and Technology and chart out the implementation roadmap by collaborating and taking inputs from other functions (especially Services/ Business, Technology, Strategy, MIS and Analysis) in order to capture their key expectations
- Ensure that the Help Desk operates as a highly professional service that meets the adopted standards of the organisation
- Plan the budget of Customer Services function
Customer Service Operations
- Establish SOPs for the resolution of customer queries and grievances in order to restore normal service, at the earliest possible time, in the event of a problem
- Ensure implementation of systems and processes for responding to customers through Business and Technical Helpdesks
- Ensure implementation of helpdesks with the defined configurations/ features in terms of languages, reporting channels etc
- Monitor and ensure adherence to the defined SLAs and timelines for responding to the customer queries
- Establish multiple channels of communication with stakeholders, including end-users, for the purpose of gathering information and reporting grievances
- Act as a single point of escalation for all business and technical pertinent customer concerns; Collaborate with Services and Technology in order to resolve the grievances of customers in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the GSTN Services and Technology domain to examine the possibility of their application at GSTN; In turn, strengthen GSTN's query resolution capabilities
- Collaborate with the department of Strategy, MIS and analysis for identifying better means/ best practices/ latest trends to serve customers through effective helpdesks
- Collaborate with Business/ Services and Technology departments to provide incremental improvements to improve existing systems and processes on a continuous basis
- Understand the trends/ patterns in the nature of technical/ services/ integrated customer queries and incorporate the same in the department as well as organizational strategy to enhance customer satisfaction
- Envisage the future requirements of the customers in terms of query resolution; Ensure development of GSTN's capabilities to successfully meet the same
- Should have strong customer service skills
- Should have good understanding of ITIL and ISO 27001 practices.
- Should have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Should be able to prepare dashboards, read, comprehend and analyse a variety of complex forms, reports.
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Should have a good understanding of SLA management and should be able to enforce SLAs from service providers.
- Will advise the leadership on change and new technology implementation by taking requirement inputs from business, and focus on cost & delivery.
Monitor functioning of Multiple Helpdesks :
- Coordinate between the customer support teams and technical teams of multiple helpdesks with the L2/L3 functions of the MSP for issue resolution
- Ensure implementation of change requests in the helpdesk operations and systems as and when required
- Ensure creation of systems and processes that ensure a knowledge base for assisting users in resolving basic issues themselves
- Oversee and continuously review the manpower in respective helpdesks basis the quantum of queries received
- Ensure that helpdesks are manned by resources that have the requisite skill to handle the queries and their effective resolution in a timely and efficient manner
- Conduct formal performance appraisal and provide developmental feedback for own team
- Identify training needs of subordinates and provide functional training inputs through internal and external sources
- Ensure timely preparation of MIS and Status Updates for circulation to the Top Management and other authorities as may be required
- Managed Service Partner of GST System
- Managed Service Partners of multiple Helpdesks
- Tax payers, Tax officials - GSTN Internal Departments i.e. Technology, Services; Operations, GRC, Finance, Procurements and Contracts; Customer Service.
Key Attributes & Skills:
- Any graduate with science or commerce background, PG preferable with 14 - 16 years of experience in IT/ITES service delivery and management / Helpdesk operations
- ITIL Intermediate certification preferred
- 3 years as head of helpdesk functions in a reputed organization.
- Experience of 5 years in ITIL based service delivery and management
- At least 5 years of experience in supervising/ handling customer services, overseeing the overall performance and service levels of the customer services team, taking care of escalations.
- Experience of setting up and leading the Customer Relations/ Operations function in a start-up organization with at least 100 employees is preferred
- Proficiency in computers, MIS, excel is required.