GoNoise.com - Manager - Account Receivable (6-8 yrs)
We are India's #1 smartwatch brand - every fourth smart watch sold in India today is a Noise!
Founded by Amit and Gaurav in 2014, Noise is an award-winning connected lifestyle brand that offers wearables and other products to aspirational young Indian consumers, specializing in new, fast-growing categories such as smartwatches and true-wireless headphones. Driven by our dominance in this extremely fast-growing category, Noise is today one of the largest D2C brands in the country with an exceptional annualized run rate while remaining capital-efficient and profitable.
We are now embarking on a journey to become a global leader in wearables while expanding in several new categories in the domestic market. In parallel, we are developing our team and technological capabilities to build sustainable moats through a community and health ecosystem.
Come be a part of our journey - it's still Day One!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage Billing, Accounts Receivables, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Review the company's receivables ledgers and aging reporting on a weekly basis.
- Sending out periodic monthly statements of account to customers/principals with high balances.
- Monitoring outstanding balances & contact customers before they become overdue.
- Sort out and resolve any questions, clarifications, queries by the customer, or forward them to the concerned department to ensure prompt response and resolution.
- Proactive involvement in credit simulation on new contracts and control new agreed credit limits.
- Improve the Credit control environment by effectively controlling the Finance Departments.
- In case of issues with collecting, ensure that these are swiftly resolved or are escalated to the Head- Finance as soon as known.
- Reviewing debts which have been provisioned & follow up with customers for payment or reason for non-payment.
- Preparing and circulating periodic reports relating to missing funds, collections forecast, open DA focus, etc.
- At the end of each month reviewing aged balances to consider if Bad debt provision is necessary or the balances need to be written off.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Finalization of monthly sales for GST & PL
- Reviewing, monitoring, and managing commission and other charges deducted by the Marketplaces and Payment gateways.
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets-Market Places
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data for dashboards and reporting
- Support head finance for finalization of Accounting Books on monthly, quarterly and on an annual basis
- Debt monitoring and forecasting.
- Perform analysis and devise a strategy for fund collections.
- Continuous collections process improvement.
- Support period-end closure activities.
- Delivery within deadlines.
- Support the team with additional duties as required.
The Ideal "Noisemaker" is required to have
- Experience of 6 - 8 years essential
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- MBA in Finance/CA/CFA 3
- Significant functional competence, and credible leadership experience, playing both operational and strategic roles in finance.
- Strong background and experience in A/R and Taxation
- Proficient MS Office, accounting software and databases
- People management experience - hiring, mentoring, building, and managing a team
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Self-starter - You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
- Experience in eCommerce industry