GoNoise.com - Assistant Manager - Sourcing & Product Development (2-6 yrs)
- Manage and drive the entire product development process, both internally and externally, ensuring all stakeholder timelines and deliverables are met.
- Achieve product assortment goals while ensuring product quality and testing standards as well as margin expectations are met.
- Work closely with sales to understand directive for customer projects, analyze existing item sales and review new product forecasts
- Vendor sourcing, negotiating for achieving cost effective purchase of raw materials/semi-finished goods and reduction in delivery times.
- R&D on new products and categories
- Ordering, tracking and updating warehouse and category team on status and progress
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Anticipate unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Solving issues and developing new solutions requiring new and innovative approaches.
- Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction
- Identifying, develop, maintain vendor base for obtaining timely procurement of materials at favorable terms to ensure smooth operations.
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements
- Managing & preparing performance reports and share the same with respective vendors and within the organization
- Managing day to day operational & logistics related activities.
Works with cross functional teams
- Keen interest/ Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in reading the market
- Exposure in developing and working with vendors in China essential
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Experience of 2-5 years in related industry/ product categories
- Qualification -B.E/B.Tech and/or MBA