TA Team at Goldman Sachs
Views:1862 Applications:373 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:298
Goldman Sachs - Trading Analyst - EQ Synthetic Products Group - Global Markets Division (1-2 yrs)
Securities Division, EQ Synthetic Products Group Trading Analyst, Bangalore
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The professionals in our Securities Division help institutional clients, including fund managers, financial service providers and large corporations, buy and sell financial instruments on exchange around the world. From developing trading strategies to the final clearing and execution of transactions, our professionals provide insights and strategies that help clients achieve their goals.
The role will be part of Equity Synthetic Products Trading team. The team's primary focus is to grow our client franchise offerings for synthetic products such as equity swaps, in addition to working on efficient management of the firm's equity inventory and funding. The SPG trading team will work closely with sales to cover clients from trading perspective, take and execute orders along with pursuing trading ideas.
Job Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of trade uploads - preparing excel booking uploads for trading on the back of client index/basket flow and following up with Middle Office on any discrepancies
- Trade amendments and allocations - Amending existing bookings with oversight. e.g. Amending MSCI Futures price on T+1 to match the official close
- Trade novation - Amending client account/allocations
- Loan Spread Check - Ensure all trades that flow down with 0/incorrect spreads are amended by T+1 latest
- Weekly analysis of funding swaps program - suggest viable substitutions and new funding/sourcing swaps by market/funding counterpart
- Dividend integrity check - Regularly reconcile dividend curves and highlight main discrepancies
- Efficiency in trading books - Highlight boxed swap position with NY/London, boxed positions with other desks
- Broker management - chasing approvals and coordination with other divisions for onboarding, keeping track of BC&E, standardizing formats of fills for uploads
Basic Qualifications :
- Relevant Graduate/Post graduate degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record.
- 1-2 years experience in trade booking, trade matches and middle office will be useful.
- Strong Interest in global financial markets and derivatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal (written and verbal) skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Ability to multi-task & deliver under pressure.
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation.