TA Team at Goldman Sachs
Views:3223 Applications:744 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:183
Goldman Sachs - Franchise Manager - Global Markets Division (1-5 yrs)
Location : Bangalore
Experience : 1.5 to 5 years
Job Description :
Global Markets Division, Franchise Manager, Bengaluru
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, Global Market and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The professionals in our Global Market Division help institutional clients, including fund managers, financial service providers and large corporations, buy and sell financial instruments on exchanges/over the counter around the world. From developing trading strategies, structured products to the final clearing and execution of transactions, our professionals provide insights and strategies that help clients achieve their goals.
- The Management & Strategy Team works as an internal consultant to deliver innovative and business changing recommendations that form the core of revenue/ product verticals globally. The team provides exhaustive analysis on business performance spanning across Sales, Trading and Finance. The team in
- Bengaluru acts as an integral part of the global management and strategy group. The team helps different business unit heads across all markets by providing relevant information about their businesses, which in turn facilitates effective decision making and fosters growth.
- The broad range of responsibilities offer candidates an opportunity to understand the Global Market business more closely and along with comprehensive training provide broad exposure and access to a first class network aiding career advancement.
Job Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for generation, distribution and analysis of weekly, monthly and annual reports for Global Market division (with respect to business units, sales locations, client industry and trade type) based on which management strategy is framed and executed
- Analyze variances and trends underlying revenues & expenses to provide the business with regular updates through reports supported by well documented commentaries
- Work closely with trading/ sales / finance leadership during Global Market division town halls - assist with presentations /performance analysis / future strategy
- Initiate and drive the global budgeting / forecasting process by actively engaging and interacting with the business partners
- Play a key role in global initiatives to drive and streamline business critical projects
- Exhaustive involvement in Expense Restatement / Balance Sheet Planning processes
- Benchmarking against Market competitors, Client Wallet Size Analysis, GS Market share and Ranking
- Devise creative methodologies to improve business efficiency across markets
- Assist businesses in Opportunity Analysis by providing Industry Analysis/ Market penetration / Coverage reports
- Interact with Franchise Management teams across business units and regions, as well as teams across Federation and Producing divisions
- Continually endeavor to gain in-depth knowledge and enhance the understanding of Global Market structures, Products and Global markets
- Bachelors or Master's degree of Finance, Economics, Business or Commerce.
- Experience in financial services industry, preferably in an analytical function
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use
- Strong understanding of Global Market Business and products
- Knowledge of Essbase /Statistical tools is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- CFA credentials
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and flexible self-starter with a strong analytical mind-set
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and coordinate effectively with global colleagues
- Ability to organize own time and work independently
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer.