TA Team at Goldman Sachs
Views:2598 Applications:549 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
Goldman Sachs - Analyst - Equity Derivative Trading Support - Securities Division (1-3 yrs)
Securities Division, Equity Derivative Trading Support Analyst
Job Description :
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
- The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Divisional Overview :
- The professionals in our Securities Division help institutional clients, including fund managers, financial service providers and large corporations, buy and sell financial instruments on exchange around the world.
- From developing trading strategies to the final clearing and execution of transactions, our professionals provide insights and strategies that help clients achieve their goals.
Business Specifics :
- The role will be part of Equity Derivatives Trading team. The Derivatives trading desk focuses on market making of index and Single name equity derivatives and managing both equity volatility and delta risk.
- The desk prices and executes equity derivatives products for clients who use the liquidity we provide for both speculative and hedging purposes. Beyond the day-to-day business we also structure and execute outsized trades via derivatives.
Job Responsibilities will include, but not limited to :
- Analysis on upcoming Corporate Action events to understand optimal election as well as specifics on execution / facilitation enabling the desk to manage risk appropriately
- Facilitation of bookings for the desk enabling 360 view into trade lifecycle
- Preparing uploads for the onshore desk on the back of client / internal flow and following up with middle office on any discrepancies
- Trade amendments and allocations - amending existing bookings under the supervision of the onshore desk and working to resolve any related issues
- Monitor all internal derivative positions up for expiry, interact with the desk on specifics on the contracts, source appropriate expiry levels from market data sources thereby helping analyze whether to expire or roll the positions forward along with a view on appropriate levels
- Helping manage and book broker trades
- Helping the team manage various risks; help build and monitor reports including but not limited to FX/rates exposure, swap and option expiries, cash vs physical delivery, borrow availability etc.
- P&L reconciliation
- Helping monitor upcoming earnings, especially in names where desk has positions
- Helping ensure updated vol marks for focus names vs broker market / totem
Basic Qualifications :
- Relevant Bachelor's/PG degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
- 1-2 years experience in trade booking, trade matches and middle office will be useful
- Strong Interest in global financial markets and derivatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal (written and verbal) skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to multi-task & deliver under pressure
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation