Goibibo.com - Director - Product Management - IIT/NIT/BITS/IIM/FMS/XLRI (10-15 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Own the product strategy. Understand customer requirements, market gaps/ need gaps and drive release-level feature choices.
- Connect activities and deliverable to business outcomes. Should have the ability to define economic rationale for every major effort and translate into metrics.
- Manage and motivate a group of diverse product managers at multi locations.
- Should be highly granular & hands-on. Constantly test his own products, create edge case and if required should have the ability to write and define product specs from scratch.
- Have the ability to be able to work with complex cross functional teams/ should be able to influence cross functional teams: Engineers, Architects, category, business & finance. Should have the experience of managing healthy conflicts and drive people towards the customer goals and organisation priorities.
- Should be data obsessed. Derive insights from data and use the same for product improvements and iterations. Also educate cross functional teams with actionable derived from deep data insights.
- Must aggressively defend a good strategy against random changes, fads and single-customer escalations. He or she must push to allocate technical resources strategically among products.
- Work closely with Founders to drive thought leadership across the organisation. Constantly question the status quo and bring in fresh insights into development of products & features.
- Drive real participation and inputs from cross functional teams and constantly prioritize projects. Decide what is to be done really well and what is not be done.
- Mentor product managers and create strong leaders.
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science engineering degree/ Management from a top tier institute.
- Minimum 10 years of experience, out of which 5 years in a product management leadership role.
- Product management/ Engineering Management exp in a consumer facing Internet Company is a must.