Talent Acquisition Specialist at Godrej Industries Ltd
Views:328 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Godrej Properties - Senior Manager - Direct & Indirect Tax (8-11 yrs)
Senior Manager - Direct & Indirect Tax for Godrej Properties Ltd
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of Tax implications on various deals and structuring the deals in the best tax efficient manner from Direct and Indirect tax preview.
- Compliance and submissions within timelines.
- Work on advance tax / final tax liability for all the entities on a monthly/ quarterly and yearly basis.
- Submit all transaction documents, resolve queries and liaise with tax consultants to ensure tax compliance for all projects.
- Review current business transactions to ensure tax impact is appropriately recorded and liabilities settled.
- Administer all direct/indirect tax processes and compliance, including corporate tax, transfer pricing, tax audit, tax financials related certifications, withholding tax and payroll tax work.
- Lead and coordinate the tax planning and tax management of assignments.
- Liasioning with the tax consultant with respect to the submissions and assessment and appeal hearings before tax authorities in connection with the above.
- Ensure obtaining of all the statutory nos related to Tax, viz. PAN No / TAN No/GST as well as filling of all the returns related to TDS, Income Tax , GST etc.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the tax authorities, relevant members of the business and functional teams, other members of the local tax and international tax teams and external service providers.
- Preparation of deferred tax charge including reporting etc and analysis of key tax drivers
- Assist with the formation and modification of key tax processes including compliance, related systems and automation of the same
- Updating the finance colleagues with respect to Direct Tax related changes including the budgetary changes applicable to the entities across the organisation.
- Support and provide assurance to the Zonal Head of Finance on advisory projects or special projects supporting proposed and/or existing businesses
- Studying and implementing new tax provisions
- Provide structuring solutions from Tax perspective on the new deals as well as structuring / restructuring of existing deals.
- Assist senior management on proposals and business development calls.
- Take responsibility for proper tax filing and tax document retention in relation to the direct tax compliance matters
- Work with external service providers in relation to any of the above, as and when necessary
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Interact with regional finance team with respect to taxation compliances and ensure that all the compliances are carried out within the time line specified under the relevant law.
- All other Taxation related compliances as may be applicable to real estate viz. 43CA compliance / 1% TDS deduction Compliances.
- Studying and analysing the existing systems and processes and suggesting ways to improve the systems and processes.
- Understand the implication of other applicable taxes and accounting norms as may be applicable.
Desired Candidate Skills:
- Knowledge of MS project, Excel, SAP
- Desire to solve complex engineering issues
- Knowledge of construction methodology / accounting for construction industry.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good leadership skills
- Attention to details
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain flexible and calm under pressure and in the face of a tight deadline
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.