HR at Godrej Consumer Products Limited
Views:2205 Applications:598 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:131
Godrej Properties - Manager/Senior Manager/DGM - HO Strategy - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (2-7 yrs)
Manager/Senior Manager/DGM - HO Strategy, Mumbai
Godrej Properties is among the fastest growing real estate companies in India, having grown by over 5 times in the last 5 years and earned the distinction of being the largest real estate developer in India in FY 2021 by sales value. We aim to accelerate this momentum further over next few years and are looking for motivated individuals to be a part of our growth story.
The role is with the Strategy team at GPL Head office in Vikhroli, Mumbai that works directly with the Chief Strategy and Planning Officer. The role involves asset management, business planning and internal strategic consulting. This team consists of rich pedigree of professionals from top B-schools with prior experience in top investment banks and consulting firms. The role offers high visibility as you will work closely with GPL's senior leadership team, providing excellent leadership development opportunities and a high growth path to P&L head or CXO positions within GPL. The rich experience and skill enhancement that this role offers is much sought after in the real estate sector as well as strategy roles across industries.
There are three key verticals within HO Strategy function a) Business planning b) Asset Management. c) Strategic Initiatives. While these are structured as separate verticals, team members typically move across these verticals and also simultaneously work on multiple work streams across the verticals. As such candidates with a versatile skill set across these verticals shall be more appropriate
Responsibility Area Key Activities
- Create the company level Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Long Range Plan (LRP), including scenario analysis for business plan optimization
- Lead key initiatives on process improvement e.g. improve the project review and monitoring framework and ensure implementation across regions and projects
- Conduct periodic reviews on key KPIs across project portfolio and prioritize the agenda for CEO/ Senior Management intervention
- Undertake periodic asset management review for the health of assets to evaluate adherence to key financial objective (e.g. PBT, NPV, IRR etc.)
- Explore avenues of improving returns from projects through detailed analysis of the competition, pricing, sales velocities, project design and costing, cash flow management, etc.
- Identify risks in the project portfolio and advise top management on the most optimal strategy and mitigation plan
- Lead large scale transformation projects which have significant impact on the company's growth, profitability and long term capability development e.g. cost reduction
- Project management of cross-functional initiatives- escalation of issues and roadblocks along with mitigating actions to relevant owners, sponsors and senior leadership team
- Working with external consultants and partners like Bain, McKinsey to drive key strategic priorities and innovation
- Across all verticals - Provide support to MD/Chairman's offices in analytics, leadership communication and Board presentations
Working Relationships (Internal and External):
- Interface Type
- MD, Function Heads and Zonal Heads
- HO Functional Teams
- Regional teams & Project Directors
- External consultants and partners
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergrad from leading institutions.
- MBA from Tier 1 Indian B-schools (IIM ABCL/ISB/MDI/FMS) or international business schools with at least 2 years of post MBA experience.
- Prior experience with top management consulting firms (McK, BCG, Bain, ATK), Tier1 investment banks, PE funds and real estate Developers would be preferred
- Experience of working with senior decision makers in corporate strategy or other roles would be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of real estate/ any other project industry would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills translating to strong business acumen
- Proficiency in MS- excel modelling, sound understanding of financial modelling.
- Ability to diagnose, justify and present issues clearly to senior management and pro-actively propose solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) to engage with senior stakeholders and make CEO- level presentation
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.