Godrej Industries - National Sales Head - Crop Protection Business (10-17 yrs)
Godrej Agrovet Limited (GAVL) is a diversified agribusiness company dedicated to improving the productivity of Indian farmers by innovating products and services that substantially increase crop and livestock yields. GAVL has interests in Animal feed, Oil palm plantations, Agro-chemicals and Poultry processing. Godrej Agrovet has 50 manufacturing facilities across India with a network of ~10,000 rural distributors/dealers.
Our Crop Protection business has a wide range of products that cater to the entire crop lifecycle. Our constantly evolving product portfolio includes Plant Growth Regulators, Organic Manures, Generic Agrochemicals and Specialised Herbicides. Today, we are the world's largest producers and marketers of Homobrassinolides.
Role Summary :
- The incumbent will develop and implement effective sales strategies to achieve sales volumes targets. He will be responsible for achieving the business objective of scaling up to an INR 1000 turnover by 2021.
- Create and drive the annual operating and long range plan for this business. Manage market expansion and development of new territories and increasing productivity of the business.
- The incumbent will lead a nation-wide sales team of 200 on-roll and 700 off-roll personnel sales teams to achieve sales targets. He will have 5 direct reportees, one for each regional within the crop protection business. Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts for the business.
- Will be responsible for driving the digital agenda of the sales function and collaborate with the marketing team to drive innovation and introduce high margin products based on market understanding.
- Strategize based on sales forecast provided by the sales team. Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities for the business.
- Responsible for pricing and promotional schemes for all SKUs
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency. Plan sales targets keeping in mind new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board
Position Requirements :
- Proven track record of handling P&L for atleast an INR 400-500 crore business
- Experience managing a high performance sales team. Ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics and strategize accordingly
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- BSc Agri and Master in Business Administration from premium institute is preferred