HR at Godrej Properties Limited
Views:386 Applications:45 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Godrej Group - Manager - Synthesis (10-17 yrs)
Manager Synthesis - Rabale Mumbai
Please note: We are looking only for a Female candidate for this role with Agro Chemicals background only.
Manager - Synthesis
This position is responsible,
- To develop a safe, scalable, robust and economical chemical process for commercialization.
- Proactively identify capacity improvement, cost improvement initiatives in existing plants
- Strive towards implementation of new technologies and innovation.
Ph.D. (More than 6 year) or M.Sc. Organic Chemistry with more than 12 years of R&D/ PD experience in agrochemicals, specialty/ fine chemicals, CRO and pharma. Preference will be given to candidates with end to end experience of laboratory process development, pilot trials and to commercialization with adequate knowledge of process safety and waste management.
Required only Female candidates.
1. Leveraging extensive educational and professional background in Chemical or an equivalent field, partner with business groups, colleagues, process research chemists and engineers to discover, co-develop and scale-up manufacturing processes to meet specified project timelines.
2. Work with Manufacturing, Global Engineering and the Businesses for alignment of project activities and efficient execution and implementation of R&D projects. May lead multi-functional project teams to support local or worldwide business objectives.
3. Commitment to continuous improvement will be essential to implement operational policies and procedure, such as development and revision of SOPs, and identify and evaluate improvement opportunities, and optimize lab/pilot plant assets and equipment.
4. To ensure a safe working environment, collaborate with the pilot/production portion of the facility and communicate process intentions and hazards to all related personnel to ensure safe operations, as well as understand hazard evaluations and risk mitigation techniques for hazardous operation identification.
5. Experienced in scaling-up process technology or chemical production, from lab to pilot scale or pilot to commercial.
6. Comprehensive knowledge of organic chemistry, process development, inter disciplinary knowledge for project commercialization is required.
7. Excellent ability to communicate and document results in timely fashion will be necessary to evaluate and document environmental emissions, waste disposal, and equipment cleaning.
8. This position requires a strong emphasis on safety and the researcher will be responsible for conducting thorough process safety analysis of experimental programs.
9. Identify and evaluate new or emerging technologies, research areas and growth opportunities to drive business growth, cost reductions, and improvements to company safety and environmental performance
10. Develop expertise in the company's core technologies. This includes developing a good understanding of competitors' processes to drive technology leadership internally.
11. As a role model, partner with team members to accomplish organizational goals by furnishing ideas to improve efficiency at the group level, and contribute to operations training to improve technical knowledge of chemists
12. Work effectively with R&D researchers, staff, technicians, and management for competent performance of job functions
13. Proficient in achieving organizational goal by planning, scheduling and annual budgeting in accordance to scheduled expenditures.
Job description and responsibilities :
1. Perform literature survey by using Sci-finder, Reaxys and other sources to identify various synthetic routes, evaluate consumption norms, waste generation and equipment requirement to support and finalise route scouting.
2. Supervise all R & D operations and performance
3. Plan, Design and execute chemical reactions for process development and optimization, maintain experiment data and ensure every experiment is concluded with way forward and reason.
4. Collaborate with analytical department to help new analytical method development and analytical data interpretation e.g. GCMS, LCMS, NMR, FTIR etc
5. Perform scale up batches and demonstrate to tech transfer team, collaborate with tech transfer team to identify scale up issues and propose related solutions for smooth scale up.
6. Effectively support pilot and commercial trails and monitor batch wise quality, Yield against standard.
7. Write process information package, technical reports and presentations related to project work.
8. Accomplishment of department objectives by managing staff, planning and evaluating departmental activities
9. Should convey strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
10. Supports team members in capability development (through design and execution of individual development plans)
11. Analyze business requirement and provide customer support
12. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, help to prepare annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
1. Enlisting product, intermediates and related chemicals and gathering their information like specifications, properties and MSDS for safe handling, Generation of MSDS for intermediates and Final product
2. Follow process hazard management SOP, actively generate process safety data during development and actively participate in Hazop related studies; perform necessary experiment to generate information.
3. Ensure adherence to EHS procedures and follow them during day to day work
4. Have knowledge on ISO and IMS systems for quality and EHS.
1. Perform Goal setting and performance management activity for team, effectively allocate resources and plan, prioritise project activity.
2. Handling R & D audit related activity.
3. Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employee
4. Ensuring availability of infrastructure related services
5. Providing training and presentation to other colleagues for knowledge sharing within the department
6. Participating in various inter-department discussion and program
7. Excellent team leader to coordinate with team members and other project related teams to execute the work.
8. Should convey strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively in teams.
9. Consistently delights customers and finds innovative ways to improve deliver
Job Location : Rabale, Maharashtra