Operations In-Charge HR at GMR Group
Views:4243 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
GMR Group - Associate Manager/Manager - Regulatory (5-9 yrs)
Job Purpose :
This position is responsible for regulatory function required to have overall business understanding. This position should have knowledge of not only regulatory as core function but also financial modelling, legal and strategy formulation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Preparation of Multi Year Tariff Proposal for Airports -GHIAL, Nagpur and Bhogapuram as well as support for ISPs.
- Coordinating with finance and business line departments on understanding economic regulation and tariff guidelines and arriving at tariff business plan
a. Discussion with finance and business units on the projections.
b. Preparation of business plans as per the requirement of the regulator.
- Effectively handling of various regulatory audits
- Keep a track on various regulatory development and analysis the impact of the same :
a. Understanding of the AERA Act, guidelines and policies impacting Airport regulatory environment.
b. Review the guidelines, notifications and circulars issued by the regulator from time to time and highlight to Management the relevant and critical points and impact of the same to our business.
c. Dissipating internally the entire regulator approach, objectives and tariff guidelines with various departments and ISPs
- Formulation of Regulatory strategy :
a. Value engineering in terms of review of concession documents, various AERA order and acts which can benefit the organization in terms of revenue maximization or cost saving.
b. Exploring the various strategic initiatives and brain storming on the different viewpoints on the tariff guidelines and economic regulations.
c. Suggesting business development strategy to commercial department on upcoming commercial projects
- Review of tariff application of ISP along with preparing tariff appeals
- Providing required support in review of new airport bids, preparation of financial model, review of bidding documents viz. RFP, concession agreement and providing regulatory related inputs
- Preparation of financial models with respect to regulatory requirement including trend analysis, allocation exercise, robust financial projection etc.
- Knowledge for various financial techniques, tools which can assist a person in support the assumption considered while preparation of financial model during tariff determination process.
- Audit of financial models prepared by various regulatory entities
- Scenario analysis, Cost benefit analysis and management presentations
- Co-ordination with various departments and business line for regulatory related inputs and summarizing the same in the desired output
- Preparation of briefing notes and arguments to strengthen our contention
- Providing all inputs, information and analysis to the legal counsel for further submission to the judicial bench during the case proceeding.
- Support various regulatory entities in various regulatory legal proceedings
- Review and comment on various policy issued by GoI or any other authority time to time.
- Understanding of various regulatory models followed at other industry viz. power, port etc and followed worldwide at in Airport industry.
- Supporting various team including investor relations with regard to the information or data required pertaining to airport regulatory.
Other Dimensions :
- Regulatory filing for GHIAL, Nagpur and Bhogapuram Airports. Which accounts for estimated aeronautical revenue to the tune of Rs 14000 Cr for next five years.
- Legal submission in various regulatory aspects, these aspect are expected to provide significant upside to the aeronautical revenue department.
- Support to various ISPs in their tariff submission and legal appeals, this forms significant part in their overall revenue model.
Educational Qualifications :
- CA / MBA Finance
- Relevant and total years of Experience
- Regulatory experience, Financial Modelling and Airport Specific experience, Overall 5-9 Years
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.