Talent Acquisition - Associate at GlowRoad
Views:4407 Applications:531 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:181
GlowRoad - Head - Category & Merchandising (5-9 yrs)
Role: Head of Category and Merchandise
As a head of the category team, you will focus on delivering a world-class customer experience and exceptional sales and margin growth for all categories and rapidly expand and grow our selection from around the world.
- PnL: Managing P&L of entire category function and achieve business goals with both revenue targets as well as the gross margins.
- Strategic & Tactical Maneuvers: Strategizing on which categories to scale to what extent at what time and which new categories to be added to the portfolio to align with the strategic requirements of the organization. This will include seasonal as well as long term plans.
- Leadership Skills: Motivating the team and boosting the team bonding
- TrendSpotting: Analysing data and insights to spot consumer and industry trends to grow the marketplace.
- Cross-Functional Capabilities: Should be able to fruitfully coordinate with marketing, supply chain, cataloging, finance/commercial and other functions of the organization.
- Supervision and Monitoring of Operations: Should have prior experience or enough knowledge & confidence to mentor / supervise merchandising operations. Inbound planning, Cataloging monitoring & Discount monitoring, etc should be managed.
- 8-10 yrs of relevant work experience in e-commerce and managed a category team of 40+ members
- Startup Cultural Fit: willingness to learn, to innovate, to take initiative, to think beyond conventional dogma, the ability to work in a flat organization
- He/She should be good at multitasking, critical thinking and comfortable with leading a team.
- Extremely strong analytical problem-solving attitude
- Proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problems