Talent Acquisition - Associate at GlowRoad
Views:1081 Applications:263 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
GlowRoad - Demand Planner - Forecasting - Category Team (2-4 yrs)
At GlowRoad we feel user preferences of the next billion-user are very different from mainstream e-commerce users. Also, mobile-first semi-urban users provide immense opportunity and scale to market products and build a social e-commerce platform. We are trying to build India's most trusted social e-commerce platform for this target segment.
Glowroad is looking for Demand Planner for the Category team. The person will responsible for central planning across all categories Sales, Inventory, Supply Chain and will report to Head of Category. If you have experience of planning, knack of analyzing numbers, efficient co-ordination and are a go getter and have a self-driven attitude read on.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
- Interact with Category, Marketing, and Customer Finance to understand demand forecast drivers
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
- Provide input to the Supply Chain team in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with the Supply Chain team
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or other relevant fields. MBA would be a plus.
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in a demand planning/forecasting role. Ecommerce experience is a definite plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas, and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills