Senior Consultant at Randstad India Pvt Ltd
Views:1569 Applications:235 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:199
Global Supplier Manager - Agriculture (8-12 yrs)
- Should have experience in CropScience
- PhD in chemistry or chemical engineering is required.
- Specific knowledge and extensive experience in research (at least 5 years) and process development (at least 3-5 years), or equivalent
- Knowledge of economical principles, quality management systems, regulatory requirements and logistics processes, principles and practices
- Sound knowledge of current/best practice procurement tools, processes and methods preferred
- Business fluent in English, orally and in writing, required. Local language skills preferred
- Globally responsible for all aspects of a supply area of materials or services for new development products and key intermediates and hence is the central contact person for expertise in sourcing of new development products worldwide.
- Ensure early involvement of Procurement in the selection of suppliers during the different phases of product development. Globally responsible for objective assessment of supplier capabilities, selection and performance of suppliers in the development phase.
- Develop and implement global/regional sourcing strategies early on in the development phase to ensure long term supply, competition, adequate risk management and innovation and implement global/regional sourcing strategies in cooperation with industrialization/strategy managers.
- Drive standardization of specification and demand by challenging demand owners behavior. Identify and build efficient partnerships with internal business partners across the organization to align strategies, goals and identify process optimization potentials.
- Develop and negotiate global/regional contracts and supply agreements with key suppliers in the area of product development.
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics for the respective sourcing category and assure that annual objectives are met (e.g. project timelines, savings target).
- Organize and lead cross-regional teams for the respective category.
- Ensure development and maintenance of expertise on the technical capabilities and strengths of the supplier market. (supplier relationship database)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.