Human Resource at Global Music Institute
Views:279 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Global Music Institute - Manager - Marketing & Communications (5-7 yrs)
- Conceptualising and leading the marketing, advertising, PR and media strategy and initiatives for GMI
- Defining the overall brand identity, brand strategy and core messages of GMI
- Developing and executing strategies to build brand awareness; seek out and leverage opportunities to feature GMI nationwide as well as globally through the GMI network
- Building communications vehicles to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the impact of communications activities
- Developing an annual communications and marketing plan that engages diverse audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Initiating and managing strategic external relationships in support the goals of GMI, including (as relevant) with multilateral organisations, NGOs, events, media outlets and other relevant global bodies
- Conceiving of special events, campaigns and initiatives to achieve organisational goals
- Serving as the primary liaison with reporters; manage incoming media inquiries; pitch stories; write and manage review of communications materials (op-eds, press releases, policy statements, talking points, and speeches); provide rapid and strategic response to queries to increase visibility and brand stature of GMI
- Overseeing the development and analytics of the institute's website
- Initiating and conceptualizing online and in-person Communications training modules, ambassador and spokesperson trainings, supporting communications and organizational culture-building
- Conducting recurring surveys for different stakeholders
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with multiple audiences, internal teams and stakeholders while presenting complex ideas clearly and in an engaging manner; ability to execute a complex plan in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record in developing and leading comprehensive communications, media relations, marketing and online strategies, including experience managing social media outreach
- Superior project management and organisation skills
- Strong time management skills and flexibility in order to accommodate multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial attitude, working independently while also being a team player
- Strong competency in media relations\
- Creative aptitude and familiarity with interactive design, website management/maintenance and social media marketing platform
- Adaptable and flexible in working style, comfortable with ambiguity
- Interest in learning / researching innovative practices in the field of life skills based education and music education.
- Experience or Interest in music / music education
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations:
- Min 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in marketing and communications/PR. We are open to less experience for the right person, especially someone who is passionate and proven experience is an advantage.
- An advanced degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field preferred. MBA or Management degree with relevant experience in a creative industry will be considered
- Prior non-profit or education-related experience
- Significant management experience
- Effective time management with planning, reporting, and sessions.
- Initiative towards and a sense of ownership for the work.
- Is comfortable in working in fast-paced, unconventional work environments.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours and on weekends.