Global Marketing Services Manager (5-8 yrs)
Global Marketing Services Manager
Manager for Global Marketing Services:
Are you an ambitious professional looking for an exciting opportunity to join a world leader in the growing biotechnology space?
- Reporting to the Business Development & Strategy department in HQ in Denmark, you will be managing a marketing services department that provides analytical services and insights to our industry marketing functions and executive management.
- The team works across our industries, including household care, food & beverage, animal nutrition, technical industries and bioenergy, and across our regions in Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- You will work in close cooperation with the Business Development & Strategy department to plan, prioritize, and manage analyses, market research activities and projects to provide accurate and timely market and competitor information for strategic and tactical marketing decisions.
- Projects include market and industry analyses; competitive intelligence; new product due diligences; emerging market growth analyses; partner insights; and general market intelligence. Projects vary in nature and timing can be from one-day tasks to several month projects.
- Some of our projects are recurring (e.g. repeated quarterly), while others are by request from the industries, in which case the team works directly with the stakeholders in the industries.
As the team leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with senior marketing managers to understand needs, issues and scope/set direction for analytical activities – i.e. define the business issue, key questions to answer, scope of analysis etc. We expect you to act more as a sparring partner and advisor to your stakeholders rather than a data gatherer as the job requires a fair share of scoping and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Delegate research activities and projects to team members and participate in problem solving to set direction and ensure high quality of deliverables
- Manage (directly) the most complex, large, or difficult projects – evaluate findings, prepare reports and make recommendations to senior marketing management about the implications of alternative marketing and business development strategies
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop market and competitor analysts to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met
- Develop the GMS function and its tools, and support the agenda setting for the team, including project prioritization
- People manager for GMS team, including recruitment and people development, with responsibility for feedback, annual reviews and development plans.
- Manage external research agencies and consultants to ensure that we receive high standards of services
- The job requires a high degree of problem solving, commercial understanding, prioritization and people and stakeholder management, and we expect you have developed those skills in a prior role, preferably in project or team management.
You have an advanced business degree (MBA in marketing or equivalent) in combination with significant work experience in an international company or marketing/ management consulting, enabling you to demonstrate:
- Strong project management experience.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead project teams and develop people.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including skilled in Excel
- Strategic mindset and demonstrated ability to work with strategic problems
- Superior communication skills in English both verbally and written (PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Outgoing personality with a strong focus on results and performance
- Flexible with a good team spirit
Relevant candidates please send your updated CV to email@example.com with details of CTC, Expected CTC & Notice period in body of mail. We will call you back.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.