Global Manager - Sourcing - Building Materials & Construction Firm (5-7 yrs)
Industry - Manufacturing
Category - Operations
Skills - Procurement, Purchase, Strategic Sourcing, Global Sourcing, Contract Negotiation, Tender Evaluation, Supplier Management, Alternate Vendor Development
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - The Global Sourcing Manager will play an important role in the development and management of new supply sources to improve cost competitiveness and reduce constraints in the procurement of materials and services vital to the company's global operations. This role will proactively manage stakeholders' requirements and expectations through a portfolio of qualified suppliers and their impact on the business.
Client Details :
Our client is a global leader in the domain of their business specializing in building materials and construction products. Alongside a global presence, they have an ever-increasing India footprint and they are extremely driven in their effort to become the market leaders in their space in India. They are looking for a strong Global Sourcing Manager to drive cost competitiveness and by building an alternate pool of qualified suppliers.
The incumbent will report to the Head Procurement (APAC) and be responsible for:
- Supplier identification & qualification by researching & analyzing the regional market to utilize emerging opportunities
- Build strong relationships with new and existing suppliers to support the ever-increasing demand of materials and services
- Track suppliers' performance indicators based on their scorecards and rankings
- Drive improvements utilizing Lean Methodologies, supplier scorecards, and supplier audit to ensure supplier compliance
- Collaborate, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with sourcing strategy
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Recommend sourcing solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
- An ideal candidate will come with at least 5-7 years' experience in sourcing having developed and implemented vendor qualification. Experience in supplier development along with a background in a high-volume manufacturing environment (e.g. steel, metal, automotive, consumer goods, etc.) is desirable.
- Knowledge of the supplier market in India and understanding of the procurement process is a must-have. Exposure of macro-economic trends covering free trade agreements and tax benefits is great to have. Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential.
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work-life balance.
Contact - Swapnil Khetan - +91 (0) 22 4236 3332
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.