Team Leader at SMVA Consultants
Views:246 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Global Lead - Information Technology - BFS (15-18 yrs)
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Lead an organization of IT professionals in driving and implementing technology strategy with a primary goal to improve the Data Lineage, Data Quality and Data consumption and Distribution Technology stack + build innovative technical solutions in an increasingly regulated yet extremely disruptive environment.
- Build collaborative working relationships and partnership with multiple stakeholders to create strong core data platform and analytics engine for Finance, Risk and Regulators.
- Design and develop a strategic framework that can functionally abstract and simplify the architecture, thereby enabling smooth implementation of global strategic initiatives suited for the Business domain.
- Define metrics and routinely benchmark tech engineering and development processes against industry best practices and create a culture of continuous self-improvement against transparent measurable metrics with the aim to deliver best in class services to our clients
- Responsible to articulate and recommend Build vs Buy decisions and provide technical recommendations.
- Build and manage a strong technical team and actively engaging in career development of direct staff.
- As a responsible technology leader, you should have an acute sense of Risk and Control elements, Audit and Compliance of the role and ensure these are delivered on time.
- Drive simplification and efficiency in core systems with short and long term goals for the organization, towards resolving the current pressing needs while creating a sustainable solution for the future.
- Manage to control and utilize budget effectively.
- Partner closely with senior leadership teams within the Finance and Risk organizations in understanding evolving business needs, aligning technology strategy with their respective objectives and agreeing technology expenditure plans.
- Communicate with senior managers across GFTS, EIO&T and other technology partners in aligning implementation and operational strategies.
- Partner with Senior Management and/or provide consultations and expert advice on strategic plans and business objectives.
- Front to back visualization of trade/ transaction flow of multiple asset classes, lending operations, risk and p/l estimation, accounting in a large Bank.
- Familiarity with supplementary areas like accounting, financial close, audit, treasury, controller systems and functions.
- Must have seen/ played a key role in a large implementation of data intensive application containing at minimum the following elements - Data modeling, Data Analysis, Data quality, acquisition, processing and consumption, Big Data, Databases Languages, UI.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Drives accountability and makes timely decisions and tough calls on enterprise issues and opportunities
- Continuously maintain an innovative mindset
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Solid conflict resolution and stake holder management skills