Team Lead - Talent Acquisition at Black Turtle India
Views:2230 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Global Head - Market Data Operations - Investment Bank (14-25 yrs)
Global Head of Market Data Operations - Bangalore
The global of Market Data operations is located in Bangalore department
The global head is the manager of a team of 16 people in Bangalore and works with Market Data operations teams in New-York, Paris and Hong-Kong ; onshore teams report functionally to the global head.
Market Data Operations Activities and Global Head responsibilities:
The market data team is responsible for :
- Market data service provisioning for investment banking users ( mainly traders and sales).
- They receive requests from the clients (users or COO), do an analysis of the requests, provide a quotation to inform about the costs of the services. Requests can be to provide access to a new service, to cancel a service or to transfer a service to a new user
- They contact vendors to order/ transfer or cancel licenses as per the requests received from the business and inform clients as soon as the request is managed
- Inventory management : update the inventory in real time based on the requests received.
- The reportings: reporting to clients on their market data spend per service an per user (information maintained upto date in the inventory), reporting to vendors to declare the data usage.
- Invoices reconciliation : validation of all market data invoices by comparison with the inventory, monitor the invoices payment to prevent service suspension
The Bangalore market data team interacts on a daily basis with 300+ vendors, with clients located in 20+ countries and with onshore market data teams in Paris, Hong-Kong and New-York.
- The market data activities are complex and sensitive.
- The complexity comes from the number of vendors and diversity of services to be provided to clients ; it multiplies the number of processes. The complexity comes also from the diversity of clients, depending on the countries processes can also be specific.
- Sensitivity : if services requested are not provided on time, it can prevent deals to be done ; if invoices are not paid before the due date vendors can suspend the access to the service. It can generate financial losses for the bank and the business
The team is also responsible of the continuous improvements :
- Challenge the processes, suggest improvements and implement them
- Ensure the standardization and alignment of processes across regions
- Automate tasks and processes
The global Head of Market Data Operations is responsible for :
- The management and oversight of all the activities described above.
- The management of daily/ weekly / monthly targets to keep volumes t under control
- The definition of processes, governance models and KPIs
- Driving Improvement Programs
- Coordination with the regions in order to ensure the global consistency, to share knowledge, and to drive global projects.
- The Global head is an operational manager who works closely with the team, must be able to work on the same operational activities as the team, must work directly with the team on difficult requests, difficult invoices.
- The global head must also be able to take a step back on processes and activities, in order to identify possibilities of improvements, standardisation, automation.
- Market Data knowledge : knowledge of the industry, the vendors, the services provided. Good understanding of the complexity and sensitivity
- Knowledge of the financial markets
- Knowledge of MDM inventory by MDSL (MDM : Market Data management)
- Capability to analyse a situation, identify improvements, suggest solutions, implement them
- Capability to innovate : challenge processes and suggest enhancements
- Proactivity and anticipation
- Good interpersonal relation and capability to work in an international environment
What is Market Data about ?
In finance, market data is price and trade-related data for a financial instrument reported by a trading venue such as a stock exchange. Market data allows traders and investors to know the latest price and see historical trends for instruments such as equities, fixed-income products, derivatives, and currencies.
Market price data is not only used in real-time to make on-the-spot decisions about buying or selling, but historical market data can also be used to project pricing trends and to calculate market risk on portfolios of investments that may be held by an individual or an institutional investor
Delivery of price data from exchanges to users, such as traders, is highly time-sensitive and involves specialized technologies designed to handle collection and throughput of massive data streams are used to distribute the information to traders and investors. The speed that market data is distributed can become critical when trading systems are based on analyzing the data before others are able to, such as in high-frequency trading.
The main known market data vendors are Bloomberg, Thomson-Reuters/Refinitiv, Standard & Poor- s, Moodys, all the Exchanges such as Chicago Mercantile Exchange, NY stock Exchange, Toronto Stock Exchange, Euronext