Global Finance Manager - CA - BFS (5-10 yrs)
An international development consulting organization that helps policymakers and managers make socially impactful decisions using rigorous evidence is looking for a Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager is responsible for leading all accounting operations for the organisation globally and may be involved in some regional reporting and budgeting activities. The Finance Manager should have highly relevant experience in international and/or consulting contexts, and a compelling interest in the organisation's mission. This is a hands-on role, and the incumbent should expect to execute some processes directly, in addition to reviewing the work of others. We expect this individual to grow with the organization as we expand our operations worldwide.
Report to :
This position will mainly report to the CFO based in the United States, and will work closely with the Finance Director, based in Nairobi.
The Finance Manager's responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
Function : Global Accounting
- Own and ensure implementation of Accounting Policy
- Ensure accurate quarterly consolidation of financial results under US GAAP
- Ensure intercompany accounts balance to zero
- Create infrastructure to ensure correct billing of, and accrual for, all client revenues
- Ensure collection of all outstanding accounts receivable (external and intercompany)
- Ensure billing, settlement, and elimination of all intercompany revenue and services agreements
- Oversee timely and accurate input of accounting entries for all offices and review regional expenses
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts have been reconciled on a timely basis
- Ensure all required accruals and adjustments
- Oversee annual audit of US GAAP consolidated financial statements
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties in all processes
Function : Compliance and Payroll
- Managing payroll process for staff in Asia and the United States
- Input payroll information into payroll system and submit monthly payrolls in Asia and the United States
Function : Regional Advisory
- Create BVA (budget v actual) reporting for India region
- Review India P&L and Balance Sheet; identify issues/corrections and accruals and ensure they are processed
- Provide India regional cash forecast for input into Global forecasting
Career Development :
Career and skill development is a priority for all employees. The organisation's entrepreneurial culture allows for the role to be tailored to individual passions, goals and preferences. The organisation is also committed to facilitating work-life flexibility to maximize professional satisfaction and sustainability.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Commerce, Financial Management, or other relevant area required. Masters degree in one of the above fields helpful, but not required.
- Professional qualification - CPA/ACA/ACCA part II or equivalent preferred.
- 5-10 years of work experience in accounting, and financial reporting. Experience working across multiple international entities preferred.
- Work experience with a consulting organization desirable.
- US GAAP experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of consolidation of multiple entities, in multiple currencies, desirable
- Budgeting experience helpful but not required
Skills and attributes :
- Possesses honesty, integrity, strong work ethic, and team skills
- Strong problem solving and communication abilities; is organized and efficient
- Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in high-paced work environment
- Proactive and works with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks (or other similar accounting software)
- Willingness to take on all kinds of tasks and areas of responsibility, including at short notice