HR at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
Views:287 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals - Senior Manager - Intellectual Property Management (12-16 yrs)
Senior Manager - Intellectual Property Management
About Glenmark : Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (GPL) is a research-driven, global, integrated pharmaceutical company headquartered at Mumbai, India. It is ranked among the top 80 Pharma & Biotech companies of the world in terms of revenue (SCRIP 100 Rankings published in the year 2019). Glenmark is present across the pharmaceutical value chain and registers a revenue of more than 1.5 billion dollars. The company has a presence in over 80 countries globally, employing more than 14,000 employees across 50 nationalities. Glenmark has state-of-the-art research centres present across India to cater to patients' needs. Glenmark has manufacturing facilities spread across India, Czech Republic, Argentina and USA.
Position Summary : We are looking for candidates with 12+ years of experience on formulation patents for US market and other regulated markets. You should be well versed on infringement analysis, strategy clearances and preparing patent invalidation reports. Strong knowledge of the IP law of US, Canada, Australia, ROW and other emerging markets is essential. Experience in patent prosecution and patent portfolio management globally is a must have along with experience of proposing new product opportunities for different markets.
Job Description (Functional and Technical Expectations) :
1. Strong technical and IP background on formulation patents for different regulated markets.
2. Good understanding of infringement analysis, freedom to operate and patent validity analysis.
3. Should have exposure of different dosage forms including complex products and worked with R&D for strategy and trade dress clearance for regulated markets.
4. Should have experience of patent opposition, revocation and making patent invalidation reports.
5. Patent drafting, filing and prosecution and co-ordinate with outside attorneys to manage patent portfolio globally.
6. Strong knowledge of IP law of different countries like US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Australia, India etc.
7. Identify and propose new product opportunities (generic and 505(b)(2) products) for early market entry.
8. Design ANDA filing strategy and launch timelines for US market.
9. IP experience of territories other than US, like LATAM, Asia, Canada, AU etc.
10. Provide IP support to different stakeholders like portfolio, business development, project management, marketing, regulatory etc.
Leadership / Managerial Attributes :
1. Owns the Glenmark behaviour (Achievement, Respect, Knowledge).
2. Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity / professional ethics and confidentiality.
3. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
4. Strong analytical capability with problem-solving aptitude.
5. Clarity and business focus.
6. Ability to navigate ambiguous problems in an agile environment.
7. High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
8. Manage and prioritize a large and varied work load effectively and efficiently.
9. Successful experience in cross-functional interactions.
10. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
Ability to discuss controversial topics with senior leadership and obtain their buy-in
Educational Qualifications :
- M. Pharm or PhD in Pharmaceutics.
- Registered Patent Agent in India.
- LLB or Diploma in Patent Law preferred.