HR at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
Views:834 Applications:202 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals - Manager - EU Legal Adviser (5-9 yrs)
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (GPL) is a research-driven, global, integrated pharmaceutical company headquartered at Mumbai, India. It is ranked among the top 80 Pharma & Biotech companies of the world in terms of revenue (SCRIP 100 Rankings published in the year 2019). Glenmark is present across the pharmaceutical value chain and registers a revenue of more than 1.5 billion dollars. The company has a presence in over 80 countries globally, employing more than 14,000 employees across 50 nationalities. Glenmark has state-of-the-art research centres present across India to cater to patients needs. Glenmark has manufacturing facilities spread across India, Czech Republic, Argentina and USA.
- The European pharmaceutical market is both a highly complex and regulated environment. In order to be effective, a legal team needs to develop collective experience of a wide range of legal areas and specific sector knowledge, especially given Glenmark's transition up the value chain from a generics manufacturer to fully integrated innovator pharmaceutical company.
- The legal team is small and demand from the business for support is high. Relationships need to be formed, maintained and appropriately managed with a wide range of stakeholders. You will report directly to the European Head of Legal and Compliance.
The Legal Manager provides general and commercial legal advice to the business and assists the legal department by providing support, advice and where applicable, training, to colleagues on an array of legal matters including
(i) The negotiation, structuring, drafting, execution and on-going management of commercial contracts;
(ii) Disputes and other contentious issues; and
(iii) Corporate housekeeping and legal administration including company secretarial duties.
OVERALL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafting, preparation, review and negotiation of various types of agreements including: a) Commercial Licensing, b) Supply & Distribution Agreements, c) Confidentiality Agreements, d) Expert and Consultancy Service Agreements, e) Master Service Level Agreements, f) Pre-Clinical & Clinical Agreements, g) Regulatory and Technical Agreements, h) Pharmacovigilance Agreements, i) Wholesaler Agreements, j) Sales Terms and Conditions, k) Acquisition Agreements, l) Agency Agreements, m) Employment Agreements
- General legal support including; proof reading, research, project support (ad hoc but may include M&A, business development activity or assistance in litigation/dispute management), contract management including tracking requests (work in progress and completed agreements), continuous improvement of contract processes and policies.
- Working with and supporting functional areas and business groups with general legal issues on a day-to-day basis. While also escalating and referring any legal or compliance issues as required within the business, (Business units include: Corporate, Commercial, Finance, Quality, Regulatory, Supply Chain, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Clinical, Supply Chain and Pharmacovigilance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
LL.B., LL.M. will be an added advantage
5+ years relevant experience within an In House role in a pharmaceuticals/life sciences business and/or experience from within a legal firm with a strong practice in the pharmaceuticals/life sciences space.
Knowledge and Skills (Functional/Technical):
- Commercial contract drafting and negotiation experience from within pharmaceuticals/life sciences, and knowledge of UK and European contract law as well as ability to stay abreast of laws in this space and developing trends within the pharmaceutical legal sector generally.
- Ability to have influence across all levels of the business including peers and senior management, as well as ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Exposure to some litigation and/or Intellectual Property law would be advantageous.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Strong drafting skills, including the ability to draft high quality agreements and documentation.
- Detail-oriented, with good judgement and sound risk mitigation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Well-versed in how businesses operate with a high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player capable of developing close working relationships with his/her internal clients and accepting of diverse cultures and norms.
- Flexible, pro-active and fast-learning.
- Self-starter who is willing to get their hands dirty.
- English required. Other European language skills desirable.