HR Business Partner at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
Views:6813 Applications:730 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:134
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals - Deputy General Manager - Marketing (12-15 yrs)
Glenmark is a leading player in the discovery of new molecules both NCEs (new chemical entity) and NBEs (new biological entity) with eight molecules in various stages of clinical development. The company has a significant presence in branded generics markets across emerging economies including India. Glenmark also has a fast growing and robust generics business in developed economies, including in the US, Europe & MEA region. Further, Glenmark also markets APIs to regulated and semi-regulated countries.
Glenmark employs nearly 12,000 people in over 80 countries and with its 17 manufacturing facilities in various countries, five R&D centers and Front-ends in US, EU, India, Brazil, Russia and other markets worldwide, Glenmark is well placed on the road of growth and is exceedingly well prepared to take the completion head-on.
Glenmark entered into the Consumer Healthcare business which is modeled on the FMCG business model (also called OTC or FMHG business) in late 2012 and has clocked a Best-in-Class performance since its initiation. Now the Consumer Healthcare business has not only reached threshold revenue levels but more importantly, the business growth & threshold size was achieved in a profitable & fiscally prudent manner. The business boasts of a category creation effort like VWash Plus, India's No. 1 intimate hygiene brand as well as re-energizing mature PLC brands like Candid Powder & Scalpe+ Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. Recently, strategic extensions such as VWash Wow Sanitary Napkins, Candid Activ Anti-antiperspirant Talc & Scalpe Pro Anti Dandruff shampoos have been launched.
Deputy General Manager - Marketing
Sr. Vice President (Consumer Care)
Job Role Summary:
- To strategise & execute short term & medium term marketing plans through a team of category managers & brand managers. The role is part of the thought leadership core driving the business direction & ambitions.
- S/He will be expected to have marketing domain expertise - consumer understanding, brand building, media management competencies, NPD, distribution channel skills, etc - as well as demonstrate stakeholders management capabilities straddling across senior management, his/her own team members, cross-functional personnel, extended business partners such as creative, design & media agencies, etc.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
1. Champion the entire marketing infrastructure across talent attraction & development, marketing initiatives, processes, systems and templates, etc to enable achievements of a fast growing brands portfolio.
2. Develop and implement brand initiatives thru marketing team in line with agreed short term business/brands objectives and secure alignments from relevant stake-holders for the medium term strategic direction of the brands portfolio.
3. Demonstrate versatility & expertise in all key aspects of the marketing value chain namely, Consumer Insights, Brand Positioning, Communication including TVC, Media Planning & Evaluation competencies, etc).
4. Tracking, analysing & interpreting industry scenarios/case studies, its changing dynamics to formulate a proactive marketing framework which can capture learnings, create action points, reduce risks and thus give a differentiated, distinct competitive advantage to business.
5. Attracting, developing & retaining performance oriented talent thru well defined, deliberate, systematic activities & orientation so as to substantially increase the EVP (employee value proposition) for the Consumer Healthcare business.
6. Manage and facilitate an environment of - collaboration and learning- with both internal stakeholders (co-promoting pharma verticals, line & cross functions, senior management, etc) and external stakeholders (agencies, associations, authorities, consumers, customers, vendors, etc).
7. Proactive and/or prompt addressal of concerns or priorities in a mutually beneficial manner w.r.t. all stakeholders and facilitate it in an organised, systemic way whenever viable.
- Proactive and/or prompt addressal of concerns or priorities in a mutually beneficial manner w.r.t. all stakeholders and facilitate it in an organised, systemic way whenever viable.
- Sales Head and Zonal Sales Heads (GCC), Co-promoting pharma teams, CQA Head, Legal Head, Regulatory Head, Corporate Affairs Head, Divisional Finance Head, HR Head, PPIC Head and L&D.
PG in Management (Full Time) and Graduate in any discipline.
- Minimum 12-15 years experience in FMCG or other Consumer Goods sectors with at least 4-5 years experience in leading a category/portfolio and brand team (member) reporting to him/her. Experience in NPD, new brand launches, brand building role/tenure, communication development and media understanding is a must.
Knowledge and Skills (Functional / Technical):
- Expert knowledge and extensive exposure to Brand Management, Brand Architecture, New Product Networks, Consumer Insight Mining, Consumer Research Methodologies, Tools and Models, Communication Development and Principles, Media Metrics, etc.
- Working knowledge of trade channel operations (Retailers, Stockists, MT), Commercial and Financial Skills (Tax Structure, Brand P&L, Marketing ROI, etc) and Logistics Management.
Leadership / Managerial Attributes:
1. Self motivated, independent, self starter and ability to translate the business vision into crisp, specific marketing objectives.
2. Provide thought leadership to Category Managers reporting into this role & hand-hold Brand Managers at skip level on execution skills
3. Best-in-Class communication skills, sharp analytical skills to secure collaborative buy-ins from all stakeholders, etc
4. Ability to de-clutter & simplify data abundance and generate action points competency
5. Commitment & track record to provide motivational & exemplary leadership for team and peers in sales or other functions alike.
(Optional) Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training):
- Structured training and experience in any marketing, leadership and organisational development programmes, an added advantage.