GlaxoSmithKline - Sourcing Manager - OTC & Foods (4-6 yrs)
Sourcing Manager (OTC & Foods)
To optimize value to the GSK business on total cost of ownership of finished goods purchase by translating sourcing strategy, formulating and concluding commercial deals for materials in the CMO supply network w.r.t OTC & Foods portfolio of GSK's business in India Sub Continent Countries & Export of Finished goods to Global Markets
- Working along with the Sourcing Group Manager, the Sourcing Manager will devise procurement strategies to deliver value on commercials, flow, support innovation, de-risk categories and deliver quality from the material suppliers in OTC & Foods categories ( Biscuits, Crocin, Otrivin etc)
- Manage the supplier base to maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnership while best serving the internal customers and ensure assurance of supplies by de-risking material vendor base
- Support NPI launches under the Foods brands from the CMO network by ensuring timely availability of materials and by effective supplier relationship management to meet the launch plan
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow GSK's Sourcing Group Processes to deliver value to GSK business
- Conduct negotiation with key material suppliers with aim to optimize benefits on assurance of supplies, Quality, Cost & Service.
- Administer contracts according to agreed pricing and terms & conditions.
- Adopt most appropriate sourcing strategies and work closely with other functions to develop alternative sources.
- Proactive risk mitigation by facilitating vendor quality audit and CAPA closures
- Champion cost-saving projects and define strategies to achieve cost targets.
- Extensive External Benchmarking on all key KPIs: Cost, Quality, Service
Conduct performance appraisal on key suppliers to ensure GSK guidelines are followed and expectations fulfilled
A. Educational Background :
1. Minimum Level of Education Master in Materials Management; Graduate Diploma in Business Management/Material Management OR Chartered accountant OR Chemical Engineer
Area of Specialisation Sourcing and supplies management of Raw & Packing Materials
Why is this Level of Education Required? With the above level of education, the incumbent would have the minimum knowledge to manage this profile efficiently
2. Preferred Level of Education CA/ ICWA OR Engineering Graduate from NITTIE OR MBA from reputed Institutes Graduate Diploma in Business Management/ Materials Management
Area of Specialisation Procurement (Materials and finished goods buying) of OTC & Foods products from 3rd party contractor manufacturer
Why is this Level of Education Preferred? With the above level of education, the incumbent would have the requisite knowledge to manage this profile efficiently and add value to the GSK business
The role requires the incumbent to execute the supply strategy created and developed by the SCLT and its team
- The role would require working with various variables (including and not limited to cost, resource and timeline) where decision making would be required to be made. The role would need the incumbent to make a objective assessment ( a trade off aligned to the business requirement) post involving and aligning all stakeholders
- The role requires that the incumbent needs to work with the extended business teams on OTC & Foods category teams to bring about solutions to deliver NPIs in a most cost effective and in a timely manner and hence the incumbent needs to have a good conflict management skills
Nature of Interaction: The role also requires an extensive engagement with middle and senior level teams of the material suppliers and business partner and hence it is crucial for the incumbent in the role to demonstrate strong business acumen and be good at inter personal and communication skills
Type of multi-cultural responsibilities that the role requires :
The role would entail discussions /work closely with OTC team in Singapore, Nyon & UK
- While the role would not entail global travel, it would involve a high level of engagement with the OTC Category team in CMO (and Production Procurement team) and with the Blue print team managing the CMO Spends and VE initiatives. The role also entails discussion with the TIMS team based out of GSK corporate office
Level of Impact that the role requires :
At what level of the Organisation does this role operate?:
100% of OTC & Foods products sold by GSKCH, GSK Asia & GSK CPL are being manufactured in the external supply network and hence the role is crucial to deliver assurance of supplies and to deliver products at the target COGS level which can help in delivery of category gross margins. This role would also be crucial to deliver the blueprint savings targets undertaken by the Supply chain team
In the medium term the role is critical to manage the de-risk the material vendor base in the GSK's OTC & Foods CMO network and hence the role is crucial to deliver the CMO OTC & Foods category strategy