GlaxoSmithKline - Site Head - Operations (7-8 yrs)
Job Title: Site Head - Operations
Line Manager Job Title- Cluster Head, Baddi
- To ensure continual strategic alignment of Supply Chain to evolving customer needs through innovative, Best-in-Class Logistics Management, through coordinated efforts from team of GSK and Business Partner
- To direct, control and develop CM Site - a strategic contract manufacturing units consistent with volume, cost and quality requirements through effective management of Contractor relationships
Key Responsibilities :
- Basis Monthly Plan from DSL, ensure proper planning at all stages of manufacturing, sourcing and dispatches to meet delivery requirements in terms of Quality, Quantity, Time and cost - both Strategic and Market Driven
- To plan and implement interventions for enhancing any Tax benefits at the site through strategic interventions in planning and productivity through Business Partner
- To evolve and develop ideas continuously to ensure delivery of goods as per requirements of Central Planning function and CSA for supporting sales requirements.
- To encourage strategic alliance with the Business Partner for mutually beneficial relationship between 3PM and GSK
- To promote and manage relations with contractors and vendors to enhance mutual benefits and ensure security in supply
- To facilitate the roll-out of GSK's initiatives on Quality, GMP, Environment & Safety, Financials and HR practices etc through close liaison with Contractors to align site to GSK's requirements and standards.
- To stimulate a culture that is conducive to Continuous improvement amongst GSK & Contract employees at the sites to secure sustainable competitive advantage for GSK through enhanced productivity, technological innovation and waste elimination using OE philosophy
- To develop GSK and Business Partner team through timely coaching/mentoring to enable realization of employee potential and enable
- To provide vital inputs and extend critical support to Procurement in conversion Fee negotiations
- To control and deliver favorable RFC, OPEX and Freight budgets through tactical initiatives from the site
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
A. Educational Background :
1. Minimum Level of Education- An Engineering Graduate, Master of Science Degree
Area of Specialisation- Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Related Science, Food Technology
Why is this Level of Education Required: Understanding of Manufacturing & technical aspects involved therein. process understanding & Packaging principles. With the above level of education, the incumbent would have the requisite knowledge to manage this profile efficiently and add value to the GSK business
2. Preferred Level of Education Engineering Graduate from NITTIE OR MBA from reputed Institute, Diploma in Business Management etc
Area of Specialization - Production, Supply chain, Operations
Why is this Level of Education Preferred: With the above level of education, the incumbent would have the requisite knowledge to manage this profile efficiently and add value to the GSK business.
B. Job-Related Experience :
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required Minimum 7-8 years experience in FMCG/FMCH, Food industry related to Manufacturing, Technical Operations in a GMP environment. Wide-ranging experience preferred.
Why is this Level of Experience Required: To gain sufficient understanding of complexities in each area and the interdependencies between them.
C. Other Job-Related Skills/Background :
- Conceptual awareness of Packaging advancements, Inventory Control, GST and other statutory regulations.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, eg. FSSAI, AYUSH, Factories Act etc.
- Working knowledge of applicable GMP and Regulatory Affairs regulations and guidelines
- Experience working in multidisciplinary environments
Experience with Equipment Qualification/Computer System Validation and Cleaning Validation a must
- Must be IT systems literate (MS Word, Excel, & Power Point) and be familiar with audit tracking systems (e.g., Trackwise) and regulatory submission management submissions
Application of Knowledge :
- The role is accountable for managing strategic sizeable contract manufacturing units consistent with volume, cost and quality requirements through effective management of Contractor relationships.
- All the above require a good technical knowledge product characteristic and the relevant manufacturing and regulatory systems with experience in managing multiple stake holders.
- The incumbent must also have a high level of understanding of Local regulations and requirements.
Problem Solving & Innovation:
The role would require working with various variables (including and not limited to cost, resource and timeline) where decision making would be required to be made. The role would need the incumbent to make a objective assessment ( a trade off aligned to the business requirement) post involving and aligning all stakeholders .The role must also perform problem solving analysis of critical manufacturing and analytical issues to remediate issues and mitigate risk.
The role has multiple internal interactions with : Category Quality; Manufacturing Quality; In country R&D; Supply Chain and R&D Hubs.
Multi-cultural responsibilities :
GSK CH operates in very diverse consumer markets due to their broad product portfolio and consumer exposure. The role will interface with personnel in multiple geographies through developed and developing markets with the associated range of culturally diverse internal and external dependencies.
The role operates as a key level within the CH Supply chain Operations, handling of volume of Approx. 65 % of NHC Powder, Managing logistics spanning over 20 RMs, 25 PS SKUs in parent level packed in Jar, GP, BIB and BIC formats and over 100 PMs . Maintaining account and payment of 50 Trade Creditors worth Rs 130 Cr p.a.
Any adverse event would have a severe impact of the achievement of sales revenue for existing products and future revenue streams of the CH business.