GlaxoSmithKline - Manager - Analytics (9-12 yrs)
Job Title : Analytics Manager
Job Purpose :
- You will need to partner key marketing stakeholders in all their strategic, innovation, communication and activation activities.
- You will support your line manager in driving Transformational Actions with your Business Partners. These actions will be rooted in Consumer, Market & Retail Insights.
- You will be responsible and accountable for all analytics work for all GSK brands. You would need to work closely with CMI Managers.
- This will involve working with multiple internal stakeholders (Category & Brand Teams, Finance, Sales, Global Insights Counterparts, Media Team) and agency partners (Market Research & Media agencies)
Key Responsibilities :
- Become an indispensable business partner within the brand, Consumer & Market Insights teams. Develop Analytics and Consumer & Brand Insights capability; relentlessly apply this knowledge to build growth as well as infuse this knowledge across global stakeholders.
- Inspire research suppliers to consistently deliver their best efforts: deliver actionable, clear, value-added understanding.-
Day to day responsibilities :
1. Leading the execution and delivery of reporting and analytics activities on monthly basis: Retail, Expert,
2. Assisting in and executing the monthly & bi-annual Brand Reviews by triangulating the data across different data sources and analyzing & diagnosing the current category & brand performance and mapping opportunities for growth
3. Execute brand and portfolio level media and marketing mix analyses and model GSK brand/portfolio performance based on marketing plans, MMM, and internal targets to provide optimization / Execute recommendations. Develop analytics solutions to address business questions - including volume/ consumption forecasting, marketing mix, price sensitivities/corridors, drivers analysis, market structure, etc.
4. Forecast market & consumption growth on periodic basis (quarterly) to inform GSK's long-term expectations for growth
5. Leading or assisting in the planning, coordination and implementation of analytics research activities for all brands. Scope of responsibilities includes both mix development and mix deployment. And, apply this knowledge to build growth as well as infuse this knowledge across stakeholders.
6. Lead regular coverage and coverage stability analyses with GSK markets and Nielsen/ Iqvia teams to ensure data is meeting expectations at the national and sub-national levels, and extend practices to additional data providers. Establish safe guards and automate data quality checks, e.g., regular trend-watch of data streams to identify and address potential trend breaks.
7. Support the development of digital analytics capability in collaboration with APAC Stakeholders & Digital Teams
8. Uses knowledge of key macro trends and leads understanding of consumer, market and competitive landscape to diagnose business performance and address focused business issues; Monitoring competitors- activities and market
9. Uses broader range of research tools/resources/processes to assess business issues; proactively identifies the key business issues/questions and develops the most appropriate analytic plan to address business/ research needs;
10. Integrates knowledge from multiple sources and creates meaningful interpretations and recommendations that address business issues and ensures alignment with key business partners. Influences others in the implementation of action steps to drive the business.
Number of Direct Reports : 0
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required :
A. Educational Background
1. Minimum Level of Education - Post-graduate degree or equivalent in Management, Economics, Mathematics, Market Research, or Statistics is a must
Area of Specialization -
- Management, Economics, Mathematics, Market Research, or Statistics, Quantitative Research
- Understanding of management principles and market research methodologies & processes and understanding of analytics solutions are critical
2. Preferred Level of Education : Post-graduate degree or equivalent in Management, Economics, Mathematics, Market Research, or Statistics is a must
Area of Specialisation : Management, Market Research, Mathematics, Economics or Statistics
Understanding of management principles and market research methodologies & processes and understanding of analytics solutions are critical
B. Job-Related Experience
- Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required Proven 9+ years in Market Research- Client side or agency side- specific focus on Specialization in Analytics
- Past experience of working with Retail Data and Analytics based solutions like Forecasting, Coverage Stability analysis, MMM is a must
- Any experience in running studies amongst experts like health care professionals, chemists etc would be a bonus
- Why is this Level of Experience Required? To gain sufficient understanding of how market research methodologies, client expectations and stakeholder management
C. Other Job-Related Skills/Background
- List any licenses, certificates, registrations, or any relevant job skill or abilities not covered in Educational Background or Job-Related Experience sections above that are required for the job.
- Past experience in Consumer Health care industry/ CPG industry is a plus
- Proven track record of using data to drive business growth
- Experience in statistical models development (Probabilistic graphical models, marketing Mix Models, Market Basket Analysis, Cannibalization Models, Share of Market Forecast Models, General and Bayesian Regressions). Database management and programming capabilities.
- Proven analytics, shopper research experience, consumer insights experience or commercial experience in a combination with strong analytical skills
- Very strong analytical thinking with proven ability to connect data & insight from category consumption, brands drivers, macro & micro trends, and future forces of consumer change and deliver clear outlook scenarios along with implications for the business
- Willingness to "have an opinion" backed up by insight and analytics and the confidence to influence team members in meetings and one to one basis
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely; Data visualization skills are a must
- Technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative research techniques and syndicated business analyses
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply advanced analytics to solve business issues
- Strong team player, yet good level of independence
- Good presentation skills and articulate
- Rigorous and with great attention to detail and Highly numerate and adept at working with data.
- Passionate to go beyond the obvious, Creative, open minded
- Able to adjust quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Willingness and flexibility to offer full support to brand team and CMI colleagues