GlaxoSmithKline - Assistant Manager - Logistics & Warehouse (2-5 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- Lead Regional Logistics to drive Warehousing excellence, optimize distribution cost, LSP management and ensure statutory & regulatory compliance. Mitigate financial risk for GSK owned inventory stored at outsourced warehouses by instituting strong controls & monitoring mechanism.
Key Deliverables :
1. Achieve OTIF >95% through management of - Order processing to Loading- cycle in Warehouses
2. Achieve Primary Fill rates of >98.5%
3. Warehousing Quality management as per GSK standards & SOPs.
4. Accountable for statutory & regulatory compliance at Warehouses.
5. Manage vendors - 6 LSPs 20 transporters to deliver desired service levels.
6. Mitigate financial risk to GSK by instituting strong controls & monitoring mechanism on Inventory accuracy.
7. Drive Cost optimization projects for Warehousing & transportation to manage cost < 0.7% of sales.
Key KPIs :
1. OTIF & Primary Fill rates
2. Daily Dispatch efficiency
3. Quality Audit & CAPA
4. Truck Placement efficiency
5. Cycle Count Accuracy
6. Distribution Cost
A. Educational Background :
1. Minimum Level of Education : Graduate
Area of Specialisation : Experience in Supply Chain / Logistics
2. Preferred Level of Education : Management graduate
Area of Specialisation : Supply Chain / Logistics
B. Job-Related Experience :
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience : 6 years experience in similar job in Supply Chain / Logistics
C. Other Job-Related Skills/Background :
- Negotiation skills
- Vendor selection & Management
- Knowledge of OE tools
- Transaction & Documentation Management : as per GSK defined process and ensuring legal & taxation compliance.
- Warehousing excellence : This position implements Warehousing excellence through LSP competency management, driving operational excellence initiatives & implementation of quality SOPs.
- Transportation Management : This position manages last mile transporters to delivers desired service levels through regular monitoring and developing new transporters.
- Statutory & Regulatory Compliance : Comply with all statutory & regulatory requirements and manage compliance requirement in transitions/changeovers.
Problem Solving & Innovation :
- Warehousing Space Optimisation : Optimise storage cost/case with different warehousing solutions of Mezzanine flooring/Racking considering tradeoff between automation & rental costs.
- Last Mile Freight Cost Optimisation : Optimise last mile freight cost through different levers of Route planning, mode mix optimization, effective negotiations including reverse auction & dedicated trucks.
- Innovating Business Solutions execution : Lead execution of innovative business solutions like Direct dispatch to Distributors, Pack Centre for Modern trade servicing & Project Green to reduce distributor level damages.
Nature of Interaction :
- External engagement : This role need extensive engagement with 6 LSPs and 20 transporters and thus need a high level of influencing skill to get desired service levels. Role involves limited Interaction with regulatory/statutory bodies which needs to be managed tactfully.
- Communication Skill : Incumbent will need to have good communication skills to train warehousing team.
- Internal Engagement : Engages with Sales team & Supply planning team to meet business deliverables
This role impacts various business dimensions :
- Impact Primary Sales through efficient execution of Orders.
- Distribution Cost optimization through efficiencies in Warehousing & Last mile freight cost.
- Supports Service through delivery of OTIF and Primary fill rates.
- Leads compliance for Internal processes and Statutory & regulatory norms.
- Write off minimization