HR Manager at GiveIndia
Views:3511 Applications:198 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:188
GiveIndia - Head - Finance & Legal (6-20 yrs)
Head of Finance & Legal
About Give :
- We exist to alleviate poverty, by enabling the world to give. Established in 2000, we are India's most trusted giving platform. Our suite of products enable individuals to donate conveniently to any cause, directly on our platform, at their workplace or through one of our partners. Our community of 1M+ donors and 150+ corporate partners have supported 800+ trusted nonprofits, impacting 4M+ lives across India.
- We are an extremely rare workplace that brings a fast-paced, high-growth startup work culture, together with a compassion-driven high-impact work environment.
Our Values :
- Integrity in everything we do | empathy towards all | serve with passion | focused on scale
- We are looking for a functional leader to come head our finance, accounting and legal work areas. As a marketplace that enables nonprofits to raise funds from donors, we need very strong finance and accounting practices for ourselves and strong due diligence processes for our nonprofit partners, as they are core to our success and enable trust amongst the donors to give.
- This role involves handling the entire finance & legal engine, end to end, with complete ownership and responsibilities, in a very hands-on fashion, along with a small team of 2-3 members.
Role Responsibilities :
- Partner with the overall leadership team to provide guidance and inputs on overall financials, budgets, and overall financial planning & analysis, for annual as well as quarterly planning.
- Provide oversight, review and governance, or drive hands-on - as needed - day to day responsibilities of the finance function including accounting processes and reporting, regulatory reporting for Give entities, direct taxes, legal & compliance, and payroll management.
- Ensuring accurate and timely disbursements to GiveIndia nonprofit partners
- Working closely with various internal and external stakeholders, including auditors, company secretary, lawyers, financial controllers & business and technology teams to drive and manage change and ongoing improvements
- Support overall organisational goals by working on and contributing to overall strategic direction, new initiatives and all projects from finance lens.
Role Requirements :
- Strong intrapreneurial leadership style, with a growth and learning mindset
- High energy and passion for doing impactful work
- 6+ years' experience of working in a Big4 and/or startups or tier 1 corporates.
- Qualified Chartered Accountancy (Rank-holder preferred or 1st attempt pass)
- Comfort in a high-intensity, fast-paced environment, with regular stretch requirements