Talent Acquisition at GiveIndia
Views:3233 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:61
GiveIndia - Director - Finance & Legal - CA/IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (15-18 yrs)
GiveIndia exists to alleviate poverty by enabling the world to give. Established in 2000, it is the largest and the most trusted giving platform in India today. It enables individuals and organizations to raise and donate funds conveniently to any cause they care about, with offerings including crowdfunding, corporate giving, cause marketing, and philanthropy consulting. GiveIndia's community of 2M+ donors and 250+ partners have supported 2,000+ verified nonprofits, serving 15M+ people across the country.
We are an extremely rare workplace that brings a fast-paced, high-growth work culture together with a compassion-driven impact-focused work environment.
integrity in everything we do | empathy towards all | serve with passion | focused on scale
We are looking for a functional leader to head our finance, accounting, back office and legal work areas. We are a marketplace that enables nonprofits to raise funds from thousands of retail and institutional donors, who trust GiveIndia. Robust and strong accounting and financial processes are critical for us to maintain this trust, while ensuring that we are in compliance with all legal and financial regulations. As we scale our operations, we also need to leverage technology to automate and accelerate our ability to serve our donors and nonprofit partners.
This role involves strategy and day to day execution for the entire finance, back office ops & legal teams, with complete ownership and responsibility. This will be a hands-on role, that will include managing an internal team of approx 10 people and coordination with multiple advisors and outsourced service providers.
- Partner with the overall leadership team to help GiveIndia scale
- Institute strong compliance and financial processes across the organization, that can reduce response time and can scale to 10x of current transaction volume
- Own budgeting, financial planning, analysis and help guide financial decisions, capital allocation and strategic decisions using data.
- Provide oversight, review and governance, or drive hands-on - as needed - day to day responsibilities of the finance function including accounting processes and reporting, regulatory reporting for Give entities, direct and indirect taxes, legal & compliance, and payroll management.
- Ensure accurate and timely disbursements to GiveIndia nonprofit partners
- Work closely with auditors, company secretary, lawyers, financial controllers & business and technology teams to drive and manage change and ongoing improvements
- Aggressively automate processes and deploy tech solutions that can help scale
- Manage global finance and accounting for India, US and UK entities
- Own local regulatory compliances (eg, Income Tax, FCRA, MCA, GST etc) for GiveIndia, collaborate similar efforts for US and UK
- Treasury management including coordination with banks for cash management solutions
- Monthly closure of books, MIS and leadership updates
- Manage taxation / coordinate efforts for submissions of responses to CIT/ITAT
- Advice on legal / tax implications to the business for any future deals
- Willingness to be a hands-on leader, who can strategize and execute
- Strong intrapreneurial leadership style, with a growth and learning mindset
- High energy and passion for doing impactful work
- 15+ years' experience in a Big4 and/or startups or tier 1 corporates.
- Strong modeling and financial planning skills
- High comfort with technology solutions for financial processes
- Qualified Chartered Accountant / MBA from premier institutes with consistently strong academic credentials comfort in a high-intensity, fast-paced environment, with regular stretch requirements