HR at Gera Development Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1404 Applications:225 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Gera Developments - General Manager/Head - Contracts & Procurement (18-22 yrs)
General Manager/Head - Contracts & Procurement
Designation: General Manager (Head) - Contracts & Procurement
Department: Procurement & Contracts
Reports to: VP - Projects
Key Purpose of the Job (Position Summary):
- The position shall lead a team for planning, selecting, procuring and ensuring on-time delivery of material / goods and contractors from the market.
- His/her responsibilities shall include vendor management (evaluation, selection, performance monitoring), evaluation & selection of materials, systems and designs, negotiation to reduce cost, effective planning for delivery to reduce inventory carrying cost and timely clearance of payments for vendors.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Participate in annual planning and budgeting process of the organization
- Oversee the development and approval of operating budget for the Procurement Department
- Responsible for formulation of Policy / Guidelines for procurement of materials
- Set up processes, procedures, controls, checks and balance related to procurement
- Responsible for defining financial authority matrix for the team w.r.t. purchase of material / services in consultation with management
- Responsible for defining and maintaining procurement matrix for all A grade material containing project category v/s quality & brand of material to be used in consultation with management
Procurement for Material and Contractors:
- Collaborate with Head Contract, Head Planning and Project Managers to understand the purchase requirement and plan for the purchase (including imports) of material, brand, quantity, price, etc. based on the category of the project
- Negotiate with the vendors the price of the materials as well as the terms and conditions and verify with the Estimation Department on the estimated budget.
- Minimum three rate comparison to be done for all A-class material and maintain documentation for the same, in case three comparisons are not available then management's approval to be taken
- Keep the team updated on the finalized price of the materials as well as the terms and conditions
- Ensure that agreements / contracts for vendors are prepared in line with negotiated terms and conditions
- Provide vendor options to the management on the basis of the finalized budget
- Monitor all procurement operations in order to ensure adherence to the budgeted levels
- Ensure inspection of bulk material by the team on an on-going basis
- Conduct vendor evaluation based on set parameters to determine their ability to provide material / system / service as per Gera standards, within the budgeted cost and timelines
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with the key vendors in order to have an assured supply of quality material on time as well as at the optimum price
- Establish and implement vendor quality improvement plans in order to bring about efficiency and inculcate the concept of ongoing improvement.
- Create a sense of competition amongst the vendors by developing alternate vendors for procurement of material / system / service
- Ensure that the vendor performance audit is conducted on a quarterly / bi-annual / annual basis in line with the defined performance parameters such as delivery, quality, etc.
- Staying updated with market developments and providing alternate solutions
- Ensure that the team is updated with new material / technology / systems / service available in the market by encouraging to attend exhibitions / seminars / conferences
- Conduct a cost benefit analysis with the technical team to find alternate and better material / technology / system / service available in the market
- Provide inputs to the management feasible alternatives
- Track new technologies & trends in the domestic & global arena in relation to purchase domain
- Identify, negotiate and select Contractors to provide services to the company
- Proactively monitor the environment to anticipate changes that might have an impact on contracts and amend the contracts, if required
- Proactively highlight areas that endanger organizations business interest and recommend actions on the same
- Collaborate with legal counsel, when required, to find solution for disputes / claim settlements Reporting and MIS
- Participate in the monthly meetings at site with Construction Manager, Project Manager, HODs, and Planning Head for site progress and issue resolution.
- Review and send monthly MIS report for procurement
- Review the report prepared by team on the slow moving, non-moving material, perishable material and material not to be used and send the same to MIS team
- Ensure timely updating of documents
- Supervise and monitor the activities of the team to ensure that they are working in line with the set expectations
- Conduct weekly meetings with team for status update, work allocation and issue resolution
- Ensure that a fair and just appraisal of performance of each team member
- Conduct one-to-one and team meetings on a fortnightly basis to discuss and resolve issues, to seek feedback / suggestions on self / on department's operations and to provide guidance & technical support
- Post Graduate degree in Materials Management or equivalent
- Incumbent with minimum 18+ years experience and with 4+ years of experience in heading Purchase & Contracts