Genpact - Actuarial Role - Modeling + Valuation - Life Insurance Domain (5-10 yrs)
Opening with Genpact Gurugram for Actuarial- Modeling+Valuation Experience!!
- With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world's biggest brands and we have fun doing it. Now, we- re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
- In this role, you'll be responsible for working on projects identified as part of transformation and improvements in actuarial processes. Work closely with team leaders in Actuarial teams to drive closure to the projects. You will be expected to have good client management skills and analytical skills. Possess knowledge of Actuarial Modelling Software
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to the Valuation team.
- Work with the Valuation team in completing monthly/quarterly valuation and analysis - Perform data extraction, reconciliation, model runs, calculation of policy liabilities and assist on analysis of reserving results on a monthly basis and quarterly basis
- Perform Annual statement and other annual reporting as directed by Client manager
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy the close & project requirements - Quality and on time
- Ensure agreed governance practices are in place and adhered to daily / weekly / monthly status reporting of team activities against the program plan or schedule
- Primary Review responsibility for ~95-100% tasks processed by the Valuation team - provide review summary on results/outputs (Why these are ok)
- Responsible for doing process tasks and activities to remain in touch and also act as secondary doer back up on need basis
- Develop to be the offshore SME for all Valuation process activities managed by offshore team - not just run the processes but also understand end to end process and linkages of various process activities
- Work with the Onshore Client Process owner on offshore work planning - Close task allocation and non-close activities plan & other adhoc work asks (testing, improvements, regulatory / control asks)
- Responsible for day to day work management at Offshore - task allocation against agreed work plans, re-assignments as needed, back up planning and end of day reporting of progress (more specifically during close days, frequency can vary to weekly in non close periods)
- Own & maintain Valuation Close task list, Project list and any Valuation adhoc task list - calibrate with Client onshore process owner as needed for updates and changes
- Timely escalate issues that need attention - to Genpact Leadership / Client process owners and work to create necessary action plans
- Ensure process documentation on all tasks are updated and saved on specified sharedrive structure.
- Evaluate need for checklists and reminders for specific tasks/activities that help in minimizing errors/rework & improve review and doer efficiency
- Develop team training & development plans
- Motivate and inspire team members and maintain healthy work dynamics
- Lead by example - drive consistency in expected behaviors
Qualifications we seek in you :
- Degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related field
Preferred qualifications :
- Meaningful experience in Life insurance with B.S. degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or other major with significant credits in technical, analytical or quantitative subject matter
- Student member of the Society of Actuaries/Institute of Actuaries (India / UK) required with minimum 9 actuarial exams cleared.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently as well as in larger teams.
- Excellent business and collaboration skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.