General Mills - Consultant - EDI (6-13 yrs)
Consultant - EDI
Job Overview :
- The candidate has to work as an individual contributor.
- The candidate is accountable to perform integration of new trading partners, work on new interfaces, setup messages to/from GM SAP systems.
- The candidate should have deeper understanding of various business processes.
- Individual should be able to convert functional requirement into technical specification & implement solutions and guide junior team members to implement the solutions in hand.
- The individual should also have work experience in offerings like SAP ABAP, core EDI processes, mapping & basics of communication, mapping tools.
- The individual should have strong knowledge of EDIFACT, IDOC & SAP commercial operations.
- The Individual should be able to define and implement integrated Process like P2P, material management, supply chain & logistics, O2C business transactions etc.
Job Responsibilities :
- 30% of Time-Provide solutions to Remedy Logs that come on a daily basis.
- Daily Monitor SM37 for any JOB failures in International systems
- Provide expertise to ad-hoc request
- Help to build maps & writing good spacs
- Provide support on other moving projects.
- 45% of Time-Play active role with business in automation of various business process
- Understand requirement from business and translate in technical spec
- Help mapper to write correct map
- Troubleshoot daily issues raised by business to ensure that business processes dependent on EDI remain up and running
- 25% of TimeGuide team members & provide help to cross team members
- Guide team members by providing valuable inputs & also by making them understand the need of change
- Act as a subject matter expert to solve critical issue & document the same
- Work on innovation and automation to reduce mundane work
- Work on better implementation plan on critical tools
- Work with other teams to improve service provided to them