Leader at HeadSpace HR
Views:935 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:67
General Manager/Vice President - Plant Operations - Polymers Business (20-25 yrs)
One of our Clients, one of the pioneers in their Field is looking out for a GM/VP - Plant Head
- The ideal incumbent should be a BE - Rubber / Chemical / Polymer from a Premium Engineering College with over 20 years experience of which substantial experience in the Rubber or Footwear or Polymer Industry.
- The incumbent should be a Techno-Commercial person with hands on experience in Operations as well as P&L Management.
- The person would lead the production, planning and maintenance at plant, operate as a profit center Head, achieve the production targets and ensure on time delivery of finished goods to the customers.
- The individual would manage optimum utilization of men, machinery & utilities. He would drive savings plan & productivity improvements through Lean Manufacturing and Manufacturing Excellence Tools.
- He would maintain inventory & timely procurement of material for production, implement and monitor Quality Management Systems.
- He would supervise the entire plant and ensure labour welfare activities in the plant. Implement and monitor Health, Safety and Environment at the Plant.
- Plant improvement plan, implement 5S & Kaizen and Facilitate project implementation
Key Result Areas :
- Capacity Utilization
- Overall equipment efficiency
- Labor cost per unit
- Ensure Down time and optimize plant availability factor
- Quality and timely delivery of products
Knowledge & Skills :
- In-depth technical knowledge of the Plant processes
- Leadership skills to motivate employees and keep operations running smoothly
- Problem-solving skills to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it
- Time management to meet production deadlines and shipment to the customers
- Technical and Analytic skill
- Ability to exercise strict budgetary cost control system on the SAP platform
- Techno commercial skills
- Negotiation skills