Country Head at Executive Search Associates
Views:950 Applications:209 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:183
General Manager - Treasury & Banking - Food/FMCG/Agri (14-25 yrs)
- Our client is leading global family business headquartered in Mumbai. The group has operations in several countries. Currently, the business of the Group consists of the following segments : Processed Foods (includes Meat, Fruit and Vegetables) - Exports,FMCG (includes Vegetable Oils & Fats, Bakery ingredients and Ice-cream) - Imports,Coffee - Exports,Agri-commodities (includes Cereals, Oil-seeds, Pulses and Spices),The Group has 14 own manufacturing units spread across several States in India The Group employs over 12000 persons including over 3000 employees on its pay roll. In India, the business has revenues of over INR 10,000 crores, and has been growing at an impressive growth year on year.
Position : General Manager - Banking & Treasury
- The ideal candidate for this role is a seasoned leader in Banking, Trade Finance, Forex, and Treasury functions, with experience in organizations that have successfully managed scale and growth, while building a global footprint. The individual must bring in experience of best-in-class practices across the entire spectrum of Export Documentation related to Banking, Execution Skills in Forex Hedging, and Treasury.
- The candidate must bring a demonstrated track record in shaping an organization's Banking strategy pertaining to Export Documentation and have the presence and conviction to execute it along with other related experience.A blend of experience of working with large export houses and banking industry would be a positive. Potential candidate should have been exposed to the Export operations.
THE ROLE :
Trade Finance :
- Adept in the creation and handling of export documentation including but not limited to, Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, the negotiation of Letters of Credit
- Directing, supervising and controlling the overall functioning of Export Documentation department.
- Ensuring preparation and submission of Export Documents within timelines.
- To identify bottlenecks and their resolution by coordinating with stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance with FEMA.
- Supervising operations of the accounts receivable with focus on ensuring efficient processing (payment allocation, reconciliation and month-end reporting) of company receivables and timely collection in accordance with company policies
- Managing day-to-day operational risk management activities such as risk and controls assessments, incident capture and analysis, and scenario analysis and planning
- Managing trade finance products and negotiations with bankers for customised Trade finance products for different sales channels.
- Preparing analysis of bad debts and reducing the same by negotiating credit terms for marginal & high risk accounts
- Performing reconciliation of all accounts receivable, general ledger accounts, balance sheets, P& L accounts
- Operating all established collection procedures for achieving targeted results while promoting excellent customer support to external and internal customers
- Ensuring the timely collection of outstanding payment in accordance with policies and procedures of the company
- Contacting with customers by all means of positive effective communication regarding all unpaid balances
FOREX HEDGING :
- Assess, forecast and control overall funding requirement of company.
- Monitor the FX exposure and take informed decision on hedging of exposure.
- Hedging & Exchange risk analysis.
- Liaison & follow up with banks/institutions for arranging the funds & maintaining the adequate level of liquidity for all entities.
- Mobilised both fund based and non-fund based financing under Multiple Banking arrangement for all entities.
- Cash flow forecasting, preparing actual, maintaining the adequate level of liquidity for cash outflow, monitoring day to day cash inflow & outflow,
- Continuous monitoring the inter company cash pool remittances. Monitoring the overseas interest & principal payments on time.