General Manager - Software Engineering - MS Stack - Healthcare Sector - IIT/NIT/BITS (10-15 yrs)
Industry - IT
Category - IT & Systems
Skills - "microsoft stack" AND microservices AND agile AND SDLC AND DevOps AND QA
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - As General Manager, Software Engineering (analogous to Director Engineering) the incumbent will be responsible for end-to-end SDLC and lead a team of highly skilled and motivated software engineers, DevOps & QA professionals to build world- class enterprise products.
Client Details :
Our client is a software MNC in the commercial health-care space with a great presence across the world in the space of enterprise software development.
- Adherence to a commitment to deliver software development/ enhancement which can lead to productivity benefits for the organization
- Manage/ deliver on the product road-map
- Lead a team of around 60 software developers/ engineers and teams comprising of multiple skill sets
- Be responsible for various teams and functions- Software Development, QA, DevOps
- Lead frontend, backend & full stack developers, team leaders and managers
- Create Microservices Architecture from Monolithic Architecture
- Demonstrate thought leadership around modern software engineering practices (Behaviour / Test / Domain driven development, Agile, Scrum / Scrum@Scale / Scrum XP, DevOps etc) and tools (Git, BitBucket, TFS, Jira, etc)
- The transition from traditional software development model to high performing self-managed teams
- Adapt new design principles/ design patterns/ new engineering principles/ methods
- Behavioural driven design/ domain driven design/ modern practices
- Proactively create products which will help enhance operational performance, drive revenue growth and improve profitability.
- Minimum 10Yrs+ experience
- Strong people leader, having led teams of 40+ software developers.
- Experience in handling multiple teams- software development, QA, DevOps
- Experience in software engineering/ development ( & not IT infrastructure)
- Hands on experience in leading engineering teams in product based companies
- Microsoft stack experience, exposure to microservices and APIs is a must
- Experience of having participated in / led software engineering team transformations to make them better, faster, smarter through, not limited to, agile and engineering practice improvement, team capability improvement etc
- Develop/curate high performing teams through leadership/coaching and also through managing orderly exits & structural changes
- Go-getter evidenced through visible career progression in existing organizations as compared to jumps across multiple organizations for growth
- Willingness to work in US shift timings: 1pm - 10pm
Good to Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in CS from Tier I colleges
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Knowledge of the health-care sector would be preferred
- Senior techno-managerial position in an MNC setup
- Market leading compensation
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Shweta Mehra on +91 124 452 5484.
Contact - Shweta Mehra - +91 124 452 5484
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.